My gift to the world, sailing the seas with renewable energy

Started by gameleaper, August 27, 2017, 01:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

My gift to the world, by Mark Ainsworth

imagine a wind turbine on a boat , that directly powers a prepeller via a drive shaft, Im not sure how big the turbine could be, and you would need wind to power the prpeller,

the benefit over sails would be no rigging or sails going up and down. also it would be auto rotated into the wind.

you would have a big turbine at the middle of the boat directly powering the propeller but with a tiller to control propeller direction

bayonetbrant

wasn't that Costner's boat with the sails down in Waterworld

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Seriously, do we need to start moving these to "The Consolidated WTF" thread? I can't think of a better place.   :P  ??? :o

OJsDad

Quote from: Steelgrave on August 27, 2017, 05:04:03 PM
Seriously, do we need to start moving these to "The Consolidated WTF" thread? I can't think of a better place.   :P  ??? :o

Area 51?
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Steelgrave

It was only a weather balloon filled with swamp gas and piloted by Bigfoot.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Steelgrave on August 27, 2017, 06:04:34 PM
It was only a weather balloon filled with swamp gas and piloted by Bigfoot.

...superimposed over the Planet Venus.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

That wasn't swamp gas.  I ate Taco Bell for lunch.    ;D
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

And what was wrong with the two-hamsters-on-a-spinning-wheel method of turning the boat's propeller used to date? That's how my ancestors got to America. And before you say it, no, my ancestors were NOT hamsters.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.