Run for your FRIDAY with me

Started by MetalDog, August 18, 2017, 06:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

Scourge of War: Waterloo
Total War: Warhammer
Graviteam Tactics: Mius Front
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

How are you liking TW: Warhammer?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I"ve so barely touched TW: Japan
TW: Rome 2

That I'm seriously reluctant to dive into TW Total War.   It might be great but,...well you know.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I'd be willing to nickname Total Warhammer "TW: Total War".  >:D :bd:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Kushan

Prepar3D and Elite for me.

Picked up the Aerosoft CRJ-700/900 for Prepar3D this week along with the OrbX scenery I bought last weekend. Took it out for the first time tonight, a quick flight from KSEA to KPDX (Seattle to Portland). Flight went well until the autopilot tried to kill me on the approach. I landed it but it was ugly. Much more fun to fly in a sim then it is top actually fly on one.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

jamus34

Got some SD in with Pratt yesterday. Won the first destruction match and got smoked on the second.
Insert witty comment here.

Boggit

Starting a new GG's WITE 1941-45 Soviet Campaign
Field of Glory with ~ 10 opponents inc Anguille
SB FWW with Cyrano  - his turn I think - perhaps had better check... :-[
Some Combat Mission, dunno which yet, maybe Red Thunder for a change
Finishing off my AOW3 Dwarf Dreadnought campaign
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Gusington

Just installed the newly updated Path of Exile.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: jamus34 on August 19, 2017, 08:17:43 AM
Got some SD in with Pratt yesterday. Won the first destruction match and got smoked on the second.

The first destruction match was interesting, as the enemy (using my French and Polish decks by the way) dominated the map but we were able to set up good killing zones and just crushed them on points even though they could spend cash faster than us. We used a medium income rate and started with only 250 points for deployment.

The second destruction match, against two medium AI using pre-made decks (the French Blindee and... 31st Spearhead maybe? Can't recall for sure...), used a high income rate and 750 starting points for deployment. The enemy absolutely slaughtered our Phase A. I thought I had set the points to total annihilation, just using 30 minutes as the limit, but evidently I had set it to 2000 points -- we lost either a few seconds before or after the start of Phase B. I had exactly one unit left on the map (a self-propelled arty which, while nice, couldn't fight armor), and we spent the last three or maybe even five minutes unable to buy anything because we had already put out all our Phase A. The enemy just shot us to pieces.

In hindsight, we had both fielded decks that were meant to support stronger decks by pumping out numerous moderately decent units. (Mine was a Rommel's Circus deck that was designed around light and medium armor, nothing better really than Panzer IVs -- but it was ALL armor and guns, including in the scouts, no infantry, although with some gun transports that could serve as mobile machine gun posts.) Had we survived into Phase B and C, we would have had somewhat better kit out, especially Jamus (I still wouldn't have had any heavy armor) -- but so would our enemies.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

Just completed Dishonored 2. A bit underwhelming. Reviewers over at RPS said that it felt like a modern Thief game. It did a bit, but the world felt very on-rails and the cooler more atmospheric levels were too few and far between. I beat the game as the female character, something I rarely do. I may go back at some point to replay as Corvo...the game is supposedly very different as him.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Skwerl

Distant Worlds: Universe
Civilization VI
Battlefleet Engineer

Gusington

Well with 1 game actually completed I am now rotating between Arcanum, Thief (latest version from 2014) and Path of Exile.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

The princess and her rat behind the throne. ;)

Gusington

Rats play a much lesser role in the new Dishonored...I miss devouring enemies with them :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd