Mr Plinkett reviews Ghostbusters reboot

Started by Nefaro, August 09, 2017, 05:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

As you can imagine, a brutal slaughter ensues:

;D

BanzaiCat

LOL

Caught this very late last night, didn't finish it but was going to this morning.

Paul Feig is a twat.

JasonPratt

I saw the preview, but didn't realize it was coming out so quickly. Yay?

The preview had a sharp criticism that the main video forgot to include. When they're doing the recap of all the adds packed into the box with the bluray, check out the ad for the original GB, GB2, Goosebumps movie and... whatever the other was, I forget.

Look close (if you're playing the high-def version of the video -- or just check the preview video, I guess). See what they're rated?

They're all rated R.

Including the two kids movies.

I'll bet Sony retcons this into being an obscure sarcastic joke -- nowadays the two GB movies might conceivably be rated R, so heck we might as well rate everything R like Goosebumps and whatever!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Funny how the guy doing the voice (Mike) is not the guy that plays him in the Half in the Bag series (Rich).  ;D

mirth

The history of the character is interesting. Rich played him first, Mike adopted the persona for the reviews, and Rich still plays him in Red Letter's films - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RedLetterMedia#Mr._Plinkett_character
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

I thought Mike started it all with his Star Wars prequel reviews? That's what put Red Letter Media on the map years ago...or so I thought.

mirth

The Mr Plinkett Reviews are what put them on them on the map. They've been doing short films and other things for longer though.

BanzaiCat

mirth

You need to spend more time reading random wikipedia pages, like I do.

JasonPratt

I'll admit, that I like how the CGI occasionally jumps past the widescreen borders in the film. Not sure how that would look in theaters, though, since projectors don't usually put 'black bars' above and below to retain the shot ratio.  ???
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!