Don't swim near nuclear plants

Started by besilarius, July 12, 2017, 06:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

trailrunner

Quote from: besilarius on July 12, 2017, 06:13:30 AM
http://www.breakingnews365.net/5963f7a27b280/piranhas-attack-in-shenandoah-river.html

Now, if only we could attach lasers to them.

Did you read the address at the end of the article?

Hint: there are no nuclear plants on the Shenendoah River.   The closest in is on Lake Anna.

BanzaiCat

mirth

^Exactly what I was thinking of  ;D
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Tpek

Don't swim near nuclear plants,
you might mutate into Aquaman.

Marty Ward

I remember as a teenager swimming downstream from the Peach Bottom Nuke plant. Water was always warm :)
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Sir Slash

Is that how you get a 'peach bottom'? I had a 'fuzzy navel' once at a bar. I only ordered it hoping the bar-maid would show me hers.  ^-^
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Marty Ward

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 12, 2017, 12:07:00 PM
Is that how you get a 'peach bottom'? I had a 'fuzzy navel' once at a bar. I only ordered it hoping the bar-maid would show me hers.  ^-^

Probably. At least that is what I tell my wife! :)

Thank god I'm not 15 years younger. I would have been swimming when the operators were sleeping on the job or having rubber band fights in the control room! I wonder what 'mildly' radioactive water does to you?

'In 1987, PECO was ordered by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) to indefinitely shutdown Peach Bottom-2 and -3 on March 31 due to operator misconduct, corporate malfeasance and blatant disregard for the health and safety of the area. Infamously, operators were found sleeping on the job, playing video games, engaging in rubber band and paper ball fights, and reading unauthorized material.

Among the incidents cited by the NRC: security guards were overworked, one guard was found asleep on the job, 36,000 gallons of "mildly radioactive water" leaked into the Susquehanna River, PECO mislaid data on radioactive waste classification causing misclassification of a waste shipment, and a major fire occurred in the maintenance cage of the Unit 3 turbine building on March 4, 1987.'
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

Barthheart

Quote from: Marty Ward on July 12, 2017, 12:57:53 PM
and reading unauthorized material.

;)

Overall not a good way to run a nuke plant.  :P
"mildly radioactive water" will give you "mild" radiation sickness....  :idiot2:

Marty Ward

Quote from: Barthheart on July 12, 2017, 01:43:29 PM

;)

"mildly radioactive water" will give you "mild" radiation sickness....  :idiot2:

So I will just mildy be dead? :)

Barthheart

Quote from: Marty Ward on July 12, 2017, 02:56:52 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on July 12, 2017, 01:43:29 PM

;)

So I will just mildy be dead? :)

:bd:

Sir Slash

But they'll be able to find your body on a mildly dark night.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.