Batman & Robin at 20

Started by mirth, June 22, 2017, 11:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

One thing that always amazes me about B&R, is that everyone seems to forget that the prior film also had Bat-nipples on the suit(s). And I can't recall anyone complaining about it. Heck, I myself often forget it! I guess the color of the prior suit(s) didn't bring out the detail so much, but they're there. I think on Robin's eventual suit, too, late in the film for the grand finale. -- even now, I literally can't recall. Mental block I guess.  :2funny:

For a great critical/humor retrospective of the modern Bat-films up through TDK, there's a series by Chris Simms and someone else at ComicsAlliance, where Simms strongly takes a dissenting stance that B&R is by far the best of the original Tim Burton quadrilogy. (Burton produced the last two, and signed off on the art choices naturally.) Remedial Batmanology or something like that. (A few of the links between parts of the articles are broken unfortunately.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Arctic Blast

Still my choice for the single worst movie that I've ever seen. Horrible dialogue, disinterested/awful performances, and a movie that tried to squeeze as many characters as possible into 90 minutes so that toy companies could sell more product (which was only fair, since they picked up some of the production costs). It's so bad that it can't even be enjoyed as a cheezy movie.

Batman

Quote from: Arctic Blast on June 22, 2017, 05:38:46 PM
so that toy companies could sell more product

how do you think i became a quintupleaire