Mutant Crawl Classics

Started by bbmike, June 20, 2017, 11:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Just received my links to the PDFs for Mutant Crawl Classics. Lots of good reading ahead.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Shouldn't you be playing Munchkin?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Or learning what a REAL Intel officer does?

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on June 20, 2017, 12:12:54 PM

Real Intel officers don't know what they do, why would a fake one? :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 20, 2017, 12:15:01 PM

Real Intel officers don't know what they do, why would a fake one? :)

True....  :P

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on June 20, 2017, 12:01:13 PM

Somehow I avoided buying it at Origins. In fact, based on what I saw people carrying out of the convention hall, I failed miserably at buying stuff at Origins.  :))
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

I JUST installed Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.  :P
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

Quote from: bbmike on June 20, 2017, 12:24:39 PM

I JUST installed Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.  :P

Great! OJsDad and I need more practice before Southern Storm comes out.  >:D

mirth

Translation: We need a new victim to pummel.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on June 20, 2017, 01:08:18 PM

But with you running air support we can't lose!
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

Quote from: bbmike on June 20, 2017, 01:57:08 PM
Quote from: mirth on June 20, 2017, 01:08:18 PM

But with you running air support we can't lose!

:2funny:  :DD

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on June 20, 2017, 11:51:38 AM
Just received my links to the PDFs for Mutant Crawl Classics. Lots of good reading ahead.  O0
Quote from: mirth on June 20, 2017, 12:01:13 PM

Munchkin + Mutants
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Did you have a chance to peruse the rules yet?  I'm thinking about picking up the core rule book at some point in the future.  Its all part of diversifying my RPG collection...or something...:D

bbmike

A bit. It is very old school and just like DCC (you can even move characters from one to the other!). One thing I didn't like is that it uses 'odd dice'- like D14, D16, D24, D30, but that's not a big deal. I wish I had know that before Origins, though.  ::)
Another thing is wetware and shamans. They are nothing more than spells and wizards. Some people will like it but I never had any of that in Gamma World. I will 'house rule' stuff like this as I usually do.
So basically, if you are familiar with the first three editions of Gamma World you'll feel right at home.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Dammit Carl!

Been wwwaayyy out any sort of gaming loop since early this year, so imagine my rustled jimmies when I saw this game...wowza.

Love how Goodman has modules and so on ready to go already - the radiation-green skull and blaster logo is tre sexy and I could easily see me wearing a shirt with that on it (to the chagrin of the kiddies, but thats what their old man is there for).