Congressman Shot and Others Shot

Started by Labbug, June 14, 2017, 07:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Quote from: Marty Ward on June 16, 2017, 09:23:06 PM
Quote from: Ubercat on June 16, 2017, 08:42:23 PM
Stephen Colbert had a pretty peaceful and conciliatory reaction. I wonder how he'd have been if a right winger had shot some democratic congressmen?

You don't need much of an imagination to know. Look at the reactions when it is just thought to be something done by a right winger, like the Portland stabbings.

Wasn't the Portland stabber a Sanders supporter also or am I getting him confused with someone else.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Marty Ward

Quote from: OJsDad on June 16, 2017, 09:25:35 PM
Quote from: Marty Ward on June 16, 2017, 09:23:06 PM
Quote from: Ubercat on June 16, 2017, 08:42:23 PM
Stephen Colbert had a pretty peaceful and conciliatory reaction. I wonder how he'd have been if a right winger had shot some democratic congressmen?

You don't need much of an imagination to know. Look at the reactions when it is just thought to be something done by a right winger, like the Portland stabbings.

Wasn't the Portland stabber a Sanders supporter also or am I getting him confused with someone else.

I think so. He was a real nut case and seemed to hate a lot of things. Of course it was immediately said he was a right winger though.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

jejo68

Well you have democrats openly calling for murder of right wings and theaters reenacting julius cesars murder with Trump as the dictator. How on earth can this come as any form of surprise for anyone ?

Swatter

I think this is going to kick off a series of retaliatory attacks from both left and right wingers.

I remember all of the assassination talk about Cheney/Bush and how not tiny segments of the Left were secretly hoping something would happen. Krauthammer lightly labelled it "Bush Derangement Syndrome". Now in the age of Trump, we have plays that outright depict his assassination to standing ovations.

I am not saying liberals are different than conservatives, I think it is just human nature. Where I see liberals go wrong is that they have these violent thoughts and desires but project these feelings onto more suitable targets- their political opponents. I think this allows them to have these violent thoughts without the guilt that would normally accompany immoral thoughts.