Congressman Shot and Others Shot

Started by Labbug, June 14, 2017, 07:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Looks like the gunman was the only fatality.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JasonPratt

I was hearing both that the gunman was dead, and that he was in custody, when I left home from work...  :(

Fitting that he was shot rounding home base heading for the dugout. Though I'll be tactically curious why, with some security in the area, it took ten minutes to contain him.

Interesting that before he started, he evidently(?) approached one of the Reps leaving the area and asked if Dems or Repubs were practicing. (However, they don't seem to have confirmed yet that this was the shooter, or for that matter an accomplice.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Current reports say custody, not dead.

Live report I'm hearing is that the shooter was in cover (with rifle per eyewitness) until he brought a pistol out of cover approaching the dugout.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

10 year old Senator's son was present, dragged into the dugout.

Gusington

One of my work buddies told me about this an hour ago but I can't find a link anywhere.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

SirAndrewD

It's really horrifying and telling on the state of American politics that I know a significant number of people, a few who are friends, that are supportive of the gunman's actions.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

Doesn't really surprise me. The political 'Left' has always been more reactive, violent, and rabid than the 'Right'. And I thought they hated guns?  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bobarossa

wrong forum for that kind of comment.

Gusington

Let's attempt to stay away from politics on this if possible.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on June 14, 2017, 02:19:44 PM

Sorry.  Didn't mean to track it that way.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on June 14, 2017, 02:19:44 PM

How?  It was motivated by politics. 

Gusington

By not laying blame at one group or another and by not calling each other out.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on June 14, 2017, 02:41:10 PM
By not laying blame at one group or another and by not calling each other out.

I'll clarify my original comment then by saying that if blame is to be laid anywhere other than the gunman, it should be on the increasing erosion of the middle and tribalism that is leading people on both sides to start to think that these kinds of responses are appropriate.

I really hope that if some good comes of this, it will be for reasonable people to step back and try to start disavowing violent action over disagreements, actively, rather than try to establish lines and goals where violence in support of politics is appropriate. 

Not trying to be political, my own personal politics are usually my own.   I just hear so much noise from both sides on this, daily, from friends and family that I have strong feelings when things like this happen. 

That's the last I will say on it.