Decades Feeder Bracket - 1972 Final 8

Started by MetalDog, June 13, 2017, 10:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

For all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, we have three out of four matchups perfect.  One through six.  That makes me happy.  Looks like I have learned a few things.  Or just lucked out.  Definitely one of the two.  There is one thing though.  You people are killing me with the 7/15 match.  Elton John has way better songs than 'Rocket Man.'  And I get played out songs.  Lord knows I do, but, 'Bang A Gong,' not better than 'Rocket Man?'  You're all crazy now.  And don't get me started on 'American Pie.'

The 1/8

The 4/5

The 3/6

The 7/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

I think Brant hacked MetalDawg's account   8) :DD \m/

trailrunner

Quote from: MetalDog on June 13, 2017, 10:41:43 PM
For all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, we have three out of four matchups perfect.  One through six.  That makes me happy.  Looks like I have learned a few things.  Or just lucked out.  Definitely one of the two.  There is one thing though.  You people are killing me with the 7/15 match.  Elton John has way better songs than 'Rocket Man.'  And I get played out songs.  Lord knows I do, but, 'Bang A Gong,' not better than 'Rocket Man?'  You're all crazy now.  And don't get me started on 'American Pie.'

I can't believe American Pie beat out Wild Side!

Tuna

Some tough choices to make.. Deep Purple rocks, but that song was played into the ground. Now if it was Highway Star Made in Japan Version. Plus I really love the rhythm guitar on Freeride.

David Bowie, well is David Bowie, so he got that one. Though Long Cool Woman is a classic.

Steely Dan is awesome, but the Brothers they are in a league above even after losing Duane.

American Pie another one played into the ground. Loved Rocket Man as a kid.

MetalDog

Quote from: Tuna on June 14, 2017, 05:51:05 PM
Some tough choices to make.. Deep Purple rocks, but that song was played into the ground. Now if it was Highway Star Made in Japan Version. Plus I really love the rhythm guitar on Freeride.

David Bowie, well is David Bowie, so he got that one. Though Long Cool Woman is a classic.

Steely Dan is awesome, but the Brothers they are in a league above even after losing Duane.

American Pie another one played into the ground. Loved Rocket Man as a kid.

I always knew I liked you ;) 

Smoke On the Water is not even the second best song on Machinehead.  But there's noone that grew up in a fifteen year period where that bass line wasn't the first thing you learned on guitar or bass.  That's why it got the Number 1 seed.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob