The "Holy %$%# It's Hot Out There" Summer 2017 Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, June 12, 2017, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

You should definitely open a hipster doofus boutique called The Asshattery.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on June 21, 2017, 02:34:44 PM
You should definitely open a hipster doofus boutique called The Asshattery.

That's kinda genius. We have plenty of hipster doofuses in Portland.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

One could be confused which coast's Portland you are referring to...if we didn't know where you lived already.

Gusington

What are you doing wasting time here with us? Put on a suit. Put together your business plan. Get that loan from the bank. Open Le Asshattery. Rake in the dough. Bang hawt wannabe hipster chicks and desperate milfs.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

You might need to name it "Hatassery" and sell stupid hipster fedoras.

trailrunner

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 21, 2017, 09:27:36 AM
I walked out of the Tucson airport in July of '96, into a 118° day.

Now mind you, I lived in Oklahoma for a bunch of years, so I know hot.  I've played soccer in 'hot'.  I've spent a lot of time in 'hot'.

Walking out of airport was like walking into a brick wall of heat.  It physically hurt.

The hottest I've ever been was in 2010 when we did a field test in El Centro CA.  If we had done it in March, or November, it might have been pleasant, but instead, we were there in August.

El Centro is sometimes the hottest place in the country, and I while I was there they set a record high for the date.  Lucky me.

We were there for about 10 (long) days.  Each day we left the hotel at 0800 (when it was usually 90 F), and arrived at the test site at 0900.  Some days we were finished by 1800, but a couple of days we stayed until near midnight.  When we were at the test site, there wasn't a bit of shade, except for our pop-up tents or our SUV.  This was my office:

Gusington

That reminds me of the trip I took to California 20 years ago. It was August and in San Francisco it was 55 degrees. We drove to Sacramento and got out of the car, and it was ~110.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

The difference in temperature is like that between southern Arizona and northern Arizona.

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on June 21, 2017, 09:31:42 AM
Back in 2000 while I was living in Denver...

Did you move out to Denver willingly or did you wake up there one day sporting a mysterious new tattoo?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

I was in Denver in April 2000 for training with United Airlines. It was nice and cool at the time so it was tolerable. No weed or hippies detected.

Gusington

Denver had a ton of homeless when I was there in 2015 and the whole city was high. And I don't mean Mile High.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: BC on June 21, 2017, 06:11:30 PM
I was in Denver in April 2000 for training with United Airlines. It was nice and cool at the time so it was tolerable. No weed or hippies detected.

I got there in mid-April 2000. Day I landed it was in the 40s and it just snowed. Next day it was 75-80.

Denver was fun. I lived there for a while and didn't work for most of it. Lots of drinking and screwing around. Not sure why I left.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

I liked it mainly because I was able to get away, which I never could do at that time, and also because the airline was training me for a job that I could do indoors in the summer. :)

I loved working the ramp for United, but when they wanted to send me to ticket counter training in Chicago, I was ready to quit.

Bison

Quote from: BC on June 21, 2017, 06:55:50 PM
I liked it mainly because I was able to get away, which I never could do at that time, and also because the airline was training me for a job that I could do indoors in the summer. :)

Isn't being a flight attendant basically always an indoor job?

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Bison on June 21, 2017, 08:03:12 PM
Quote from: BC on June 21, 2017, 06:55:50 PM

Isn't being a flight attendant basically always an indoor job?

I'm too heavy in the loafers to be a flight attendant.