The "Holy %$%# It's Hot Out There" Summer 2017 Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, June 12, 2017, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

There's a window on the left, you just can't see anything out of it. Probably because of all the snow, ice, and frozen bodies outside. I donno, looks pretty good to me.... rum, glass with ice as well as coffee mug, warm shoes, hot weather girl on TV, and, very important, a desk that's just the right height to prop your feet up on comfortably. Only thing I would add is a phone within reach cause just when you get comfortable.... I am wondering why no pics of all the Grogs-Brothers around? Feeling... kind of.... hurt right now.  :-[
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

School starts tomorrow.  Temps are going to climb out of the 70's and get into the upper 80's for the start.  Always fun times on the third floor with no AC. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

I remember a time in West TN when August was The Worst: popcorn thunderstorms every day, heat in the low 100s, heat index in the 120s, just hideous. Naturally this was when I was in high school, so we always got a week of band camp outside in that mess. No doubt the football team had it much worse.

I would be surprised if the average daytime temp for all daylight hours this August is above 83. Lottttsssss of 70 degree weather. In August. The work crew have been joking about it being autumn already; it dang well SMELLS like autumn outside. West Tennessee being the Home of All Allergies, the plants have gotten into autumn spawning gear.

We had exactly one week of high 90s this year. One. The pattern has been steadily going that way for the past 10 years I think.

Not that I'm complaining. Change makes me suspicious, that's all. Even when the change is favorable.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant

heat index over 100 again here today

feels like walking thru soup just to get to the parking lot
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Same here. I went outside to fry an egg on the sidewalk and instead it just evaporated.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Last few days have been nice here. Warm but not oppressively so with cool evenings. A few of the trees are starting to show some color.

We need rain  badly. Portland is down about 5 inches of rain for the summer and we had a very wet spring. There's been plenty of rain inland, but it hasn't been making it to the coast much.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

OJsDad

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 17, 2017, 12:31:27 PM
heat index over 100 again here today

feels like walking thru soup just to get to the parking lot

In about 6 months you'll be complaining that the highs are only in the 60's while for some of us it'll the high will be 20. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

trailrunner

In DC, our July was one of the top 10 wettest Julys, and August is already at our average rainfall.  My lawn is a nice green, whereas normally this time of year it's normally dormant and without much color.

This summer I've been walking around a lot outside.  Our summer has been almost perfectly average, but average right now is about 89F with high humidity.  A couple of weeks ago I was looking for a meeting in a building that I had not yet been to.  I walked right by the building (couldn't see an address on the building) and walked for another block or two before I realized my mistake and doubled back.  That's not fun in the middle of the day wearing a suit, and I was pretty damp by the time I entered the full room and wedged myself into the only available seat.

mirth

I'm surprised Trump hasn't claimed credit for making DC wet again.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Some trees are starting to turn here too which is really, really early...dogwood trees and black walnut, etc. Been on the cool side for weeks. I am nervous for The Commander.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad