The "Holy %$%# It's Hot Out There" Summer 2017 Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, June 12, 2017, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

trailrunner

It's 92 F at Reagan airport right now at 5:30 pm, and peaked at 95 F.  My wife is a kindergarten teacher and worked all day without air conditioning because it is broken, like it has been all spring, and like it is every year in the spring.  Oh well, school's out in two weeks, so they'll probably fix it just in time for summer break.

Quote from: Gusington on June 12, 2017, 01:04:55 PM
Get a giant slurpee and pour it down your shorts.

I did a mountain bike race on a blazing hot hazy humid day one summer.  After I finished, I went over to the registration table where there was a big ice chest, grabbed a handful of ice, and dropped it in my shorts.  Ahhhhhh.   :smitten:  The lady working at the registration table looked at me funny, but I didn't care.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

OJsDad

Had to drive to Wisconsin today, when I got to Chicago, it was 94-97F, and then my AC in the car decided to quite working.   :tickedoff:
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Quote from: trailrunner on June 12, 2017, 04:59:12 PM
It's 92 F at Reagan airport right now at 5:30 pm, and peaked at 95 F.  My wife is a kindergarten teacher and worked all day without air conditioning because it is broken, like it has been all spring, and like it is every year in the spring.  Oh well, school's out in two weeks, so they'll probably fix it just in time for summer break.

Wow, we got done with school before Memorial Day.  Most of the school has no A/C, the third floor gets well into the 90's at times. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

besilarius

Admit it.
Anything with ice near your man parts makes you happy.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Gusington

I have different heroes every day, thus the title...Hero of the Day.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on June 12, 2017, 05:58:55 PM
Had to drive to Wisconsin today, when I got to Chicago, it was 94-97F, and then my AC in the car decided to quite working.   :tickedoff:

AC's been out in my car for a few weeks.  I think it just needs a recharge.  When it's just me commuting to work it's no biggee - back windows + sunroof = nice breeze for the 30-minute drive.  But 8 hours to Ohio w/ kids in the car?  Got a little warm...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Nice and cool here in Fla. It's called, 'Thunderstorms'. Steady in the 80's all afternoon with a gentle westerly breeze and overcast.  Nice napping weather.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Bison

I generally find that any weather is perfect napping weather.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus