To you, which offers a better gaming experience?

Started by acctingman, June 06, 2017, 05:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 07, 2017, 10:07:00 AM
Oddly, the times I used to play FPS games were multi-player split-screen games at lunchtime at one of my own offices.  I'm not sure I've ever played an FPS game as a single player.

Split-screen co-op is the sweet spot for FPS. Man, Gears of War was a blast to play with a buddy.

I don't play much in the way of shooters these days. Mainly RPG stuff, but sometimes it's fun to spend a couple of hours just wailing on the bad guys and not worrying about story missions.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

I've gone through gaming phases in my life. First it was Avalon Hill board wargames. I don't even know how many titles I had in my collection but it was a lot. Then a several year AD&D phase with some other RPG's thrown in. Then (and now) computer games. I've picked up a couple of old AH games since then, but mostly it's just nostalgia. My PC and I get along just fine when it's time for a game and afterwards there are no pieces to pick up, no cats or grandchildren to shoo away.

bobarossa

I'm pretty much PC only.  I don't like being around people long enough to finish a game  :uglystupid2:
The few board games I've purchased in last 20 years were all for solitaire play. 

W8taminute

When I was around 13 I started getting into board games of various types.  Before the age of the home pc.  Once I was old enough to afford my first computer I played nothing except pc and or console video games.  The past year or so has seen me revisit my past and I've started to get into board gaming again. 

None of my friends play board games and even if they did none of us would have the time anyway so my board gaming today is strictly solo.  That's fine by me because my taste in gaming does not align with anyone I know that might even be remotely interested in playing with me.  So solo it is.

For me there is no which offers the better gaming experience because I just love to play games be them pc, console, or board games.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk