Battletech is back!!!

Started by Shelldrake, May 12, 2017, 06:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on March 19, 2018, 08:38:17 AM
I borrowed your moisture absorbent pants last week. They're a little snug.
I shrunk them  :-"

That was my old set. I thought they couldn't absorb anymore, so I threw them out.
Alba gu' brath

acctingman

Well, I won't comment again on how or why I've never played any Battletech games in the past since I guess it's nerd card revoking worthy, however, I have to admit this game looks pretty damn slick.

Do any of you cooler nerd Battletechies want to give me the skinny on Battletech history ? or can I just Wikipedia it?

I bow to your nerdness  :notworthy:

JudgeDredd

I don't know anything about the series - sorry. I'll leave with you  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

Quote from: acctingman on March 19, 2018, 04:08:02 PM
Well, I won't comment again on how or why I've never played any Battletech games in the past since I guess it's nerd card revoking worthy, however, I have to admit this game looks pretty damn slick.

Do any of you cooler nerd Battletechies want to give me the skinny on Battletech history ? or can I just Wikipedia it?

Battletech is pretty hard to cover in short form.  You could probably plop a 100 page tome of backstory in front of you that still leaves a lot out. 

I found this to be a good intro though.  It gets you to the starting point...

You can get a much more in depth look here http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

acctingman

Quote from: SirAndrewD on March 19, 2018, 04:33:52 PM
Quote from: acctingman on March 19, 2018, 04:08:02 PM

Battletech is pretty hard to cover in short form.  You could probably plop a 100 page tome of backstory in front of you that still leaves a lot out. 

I found this to be a good intro though.  It gets you to the starting point...

You can get a much more in depth look here http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

Thanks!  O0

SirAndrewD

No problem.  If you want a shortcut to the history section on Sarna, this is a good brief overview with more detail than the video. 

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Inner_Sphere_(history)

Note that this Battletech game does not concern itself with the Clans or their invasion (thankfully).  It's set well before that. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Just wait until JasonPratt shows up.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

RedArgo

That was a good video.  I'll have to find more lore.  I played to table top a little in high school and some of the mech warrior stuff in the late '90s, but that's about it.

LOL, that was just what I was thinking.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 19, 2018, 06:44:53 PM

I WILL POST A BOOK INCIPI...wait. {checking topic again} Never mind, I don't know much about Battletech lore. (I know something about the game mechanics as interpreted in the Mechwarrior games, but I'm sure I've posted a book about those somewhere earlier.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Your tears convinced me to look up my previous book on Mechwarrior Online (and the differences between that and World of Warships): http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=18996.msg505539#msg505539
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on March 20, 2018, 05:49:43 PM
:'( :'(

Gus is only moist like a snack cake, now, due to his tortured tears falling on his sob-spasmed lap.

See what you did!?  You animals!

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Nefaro on March 20, 2018, 08:48:17 PM
Quote from: Gusington on March 20, 2018, 05:49:43 PM
:'( :'(

Gus is only moist like a snack cake, now, due to his tortured tears falling on his sob-spasmed lap.

See what you did!?  You animals!

Ah!  Weak freebirths!  I'll only bid one Recon Star from my Touman in the batchall to vanquish this rabble.  A trial of annihilation at noon Quiaff?

JasonPratt

I barely understood that and I'm still like  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: