Dice Trays

Started by Staggerwing, April 28, 2017, 06:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Nice! What did you use for a stain and sealer?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Bison

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 08, 2017, 05:53:20 AM
Nice! What did you use for a stain and sealer?

It was some one step minwax stain and polyurethane I had from some previous home projects.  Golden oak color.  The directions say it dries in 3 hours, which is true I guess but it needs to cure longer. 

mirth

Nice job. I needs to make myself a couple of those.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

I'm going to make one more as well.

mirth

This'll be my post-Origins project.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

Quote from: mirth on June 08, 2017, 07:34:54 AM
This'll be my post-Origins project.

Make two.  I should have and will fix later.

bayonetbrant

Nice looking dice chest.  That might become a summer project for me :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 08, 2017, 08:09:53 AM
Nice looking dice chest.  That might become a summer project for me :)

Thanks.  It looks cool on the table and RPG shelf. 

bayonetbrant

Right now I've got most of my dice in a large green plastic rectangular tower.  You can see all the dice stacked up in there, but it certainly doesn't look remotely cool.  It looks like a rejected prop from a bad 70s sci-fi TV show.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers