Main Menu

Your MAHLER Friday

Started by Slick Wilhelm, April 27, 2017, 10:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Day 92:

Not sure how much longer this will go on.  Gods please make this madness end!  My digital games go un-played.  The Gaming PC fell by the wayside awhile back.  I've not looked upon it's bright face in so long.  He may well be dead and cannibalized by now, for all I know.  I'm beginning to think it was a figment of my imagination; just a constructed memory.  Would I recognize it if I saw it?

If you're reading this, and not lost in the same funking desert, please send help. 

CJReich46

Well let's see...

I have off tomorrow (just an 8-12pm) on Sun.
Sooo...

I have been enjoying Pathfinder: Rise of Runelords on my tablet.  Might play a bit of that.
I dunno really as far as anything else going though but who knows.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

I don't know where in the world you are CJ but enjoy regardless.

Nef is it really 92 days? That's a long drought, even for me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on April 28, 2017, 04:53:59 PM

It may be even longer.  I lost count.

My multi-player buddies probably think I've gone Ted Kaczynski by now.

Sir Slash

Do what I did when my old computer died Nef, sit in front of the dead one and PRETEND like you're still playing on it. It doesn't fill the craving but I did play better in my mind than in reality.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on April 28, 2017, 05:16:34 AM
Quote from: -budd- on April 27, 2017, 10:52:53 PM
Well, i kinda feel like a heathen after listening to that and being left with the feeling of being un-cultured \m/  ...I do enjoy classical music mainly piano and violin so i'm only three quarter heathen.

I'll be continuing my Panzer Battles PBEM battle Hannut as the Germans. I've having a hard time dealing with the Somua's, my tank losses are mounting.Also playing a single player scenario in Panzer Battles Normandy, Cobra Breakout. Some Graviteam Mius Front, I've picked up the UI pretty quickly this time, going to start a campaign in preparation for the new Game releasing next week.

I'll be doing similar things plus maybe combining board and computer gaming by maybe writing some Python functions that return boat speed or gunnery hits or something for Close Action.  That's mostly just a way to motivate me to learn some Python.

No Python yet -- just Naval Action Beta

Toonces

Lol sir slash.

Nothing so far, but maybe some bums, Wolff, and/or scourge of war Gettysburg later.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

Nef,

Send Batman?  >:D

Sounds like you should watch some movies and read books and see what sparks interest there. Or troll the internet for gaming. Still, after this long you've probably tried everything.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 28, 2017, 01:27:31 PM
Inspired by Pratt and Barth's AAR of DC 1's Case White, I went back and re-played the campaign again on 'Normal' difficulty with the AI given more time to think about it's moves. I've got 2 turns left and the AI has Warsaw turned into a parking lot of troops dug-in and covered everyway possible by arty and flak. I recon I maybe a 20% chance of finishing on time.  :-[  So, some Neverwinter Nights for a break this weekend along with some drinking and swearing at my poor performance.  L:-)

As long as you pick up all the rest of the orange target cities, you don't need Warsaw. The flip side is that the Poles only need to keep Warsaw and one other orange city to totally win.

(Barth's well aware of this, so I'm not spoiling things there.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

berto

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on April 27, 2017, 10:41:06 PM
You rock heathens. Bow down to the master, Gustav Mahler. Finale of his Symphony No. 8(Symphony of a Thousand).

I once attended a live performance of Mahler's Symphony #8 by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra under the direction of the legendary Sir Georg Solti.

I prefer the Finale to Symphony #2.  But overall, for me, Mahler's Symphonies #4 & #9 and Das Lied von der Erde are tops.

Mahler!   :notworthy:
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 29, 2017, 09:38:51 AM
Nef,

Send Batman?  >:D

Sounds like you should watch some movies and read books and see what sparks interest there. Or troll the internet for gaming. Still, after this long you've probably tried everything.

:)

That's actually what I've been doing.  Plus some tabletop tinkering.  Still have plenty of mini painting to resort to also. 

When my urge to play digital games eventually returns, I'll probably be ravenous in doing so after holding the reset button for so long.

CJReich46

Quote from: Nefaro on April 28, 2017, 05:41:17 PM

I'm still in Wisconsin.  Thanks for the wishes Gus.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Tuna

Quote from: CJReich46 on April 29, 2017, 05:22:06 PM

Who is this Nef guy?.. I bug him every other week!  :crazy2:

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on April 29, 2017, 05:24:50 PM
Quote from: CJReich46 on April 29, 2017, 05:22:06 PM

Who is this Nef guy?.. I bug him every other week!  :crazy2:

It's reassuring, you guys occasionally checking to see if I'm still alive and refraining from a barricaded hostage situation. 

Just gotta go see the Wizard about getting my Digital Gaming back. 

Skwerl

Warhammer 40K Dawn of War III (I like it so far)
Stellaris
Panzer Corps
Ravenmark: Siege of Estellion