Main Menu

Your MAHLER Friday

Started by Slick Wilhelm, April 27, 2017, 10:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slick Wilhelm

You rock heathens. Bow down to the master, Gustav Mahler. Finale of his Symphony No. 8(Symphony of a Thousand).

This weekend I'll be beginning my first scenario of War in the West, and some Red Orchestra 2.

-budd-

Well, i kinda feel like a heathen after listening to that and being left with the feeling of being un-cultured \m/  ...I do enjoy classical music mainly piano and violin so i'm only three quarter heathen.

I'll be continuing my Panzer Battles PBEM battle Hannut as the Germans. I've having a hard time dealing with the Somua's, my tank losses are mounting.Also playing a single player scenario in Panzer Battles Normandy, Cobra Breakout. Some Graviteam Mius Front, I've picked up the UI pretty quickly this time, going to start a campaign in preparation for the new Game releasing next week. 
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Con

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on April 27, 2017, 10:41:06 PM
You rock heathens. Bow down to the master, Gustav Mahler. Finale of his Symphony No. 8(Symphony of a Thousand).

This weekend I'll be beginning my first scenario of War in the West, and some Red Orchestra 2.

Needs more Cowbell

MetalDog

This weekend will consist of:

Mowing on Friday and Saturday

P&p D&D prep for the following Saturday's session - the party has survived a tough fight with 16 ghouls led by a monstrous ghast (and just so you don't think it's Monty Haul, there are 7 PC's and 1 NPC in the party, all 4th level and just got their first large cache of magic items: a breastplate marked with the Red Dragon symbol of the Dragon Cult and a longsword with a dragon wing guard, a chain shirt and warhammer, a staff, a ring, and a necklace.  Not a whole lot for 7 players).

Putting up the Feeder Bracket for 1990 in the Music Forum (follow the link in my sig to find the current bracket going on now).

Probably a little Civ IV mp.  Once my opponent gets the Civ bug, it's pretty strong.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MengJiao

Quote from: -budd- on April 27, 2017, 10:52:53 PM
Well, i kinda feel like a heathen after listening to that and being left with the feeling of being un-cultured \m/  ...I do enjoy classical music mainly piano and violin so i'm only three quarter heathen.

I'll be continuing my Panzer Battles PBEM battle Hannut as the Germans. I've having a hard time dealing with the Somua's, my tank losses are mounting.Also playing a single player scenario in Panzer Battles Normandy, Cobra Breakout. Some Graviteam Mius Front, I've picked up the UI pretty quickly this time, going to start a campaign in preparation for the new Game releasing next week.

I'll be doing similar things plus maybe combining board and computer gaming by maybe writing some Python functions that return boat speed or gunnery hits or something for Close Action.  That's mostly just a way to motivate me to learn some Python.

jamus34

Yard work, youth soccer and switching out the winter wheel setup in my whip will dominate most of the weekend.

What time I do have will hopefully be spent on Heroes of the Storm, Witcher 3 and DC:Barbarossa
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

DoW III, Expeditions: Viking, ARMA III, Halo Wars 2, maybe start a new game of Polaris Sector?

Drive to NJ on Saturday for mother-in-law's 70th and probably some drone flying if weather permits. My cough is finally lifting!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

trailrunner

Finish my (elderly) mother's taxes.

Do some maintenance on my mower, then mow the lawn.

Install new bar and chain on my chainsaw and cut down small tree.  Maybe haul to landfill.

Dinner on friday night with my wife.

Wash the truck (we're now in the orange pollen stage).

Cut up some old pallets I was using for compost bin and maybe take to landfill.

One bike ride, one trail run.

Go to shooting range.

Take nap. 

Enjoy a cigar.

Wife has plans on saturday night so might be able to finally finish that ASL game.

jamus34

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 28, 2017, 06:20:08 AM
DoW III, Expeditions: Viking, ARMA III, Halo Wars 2, maybe start a new game of Polaris Sector?

Drive to NJ on Saturday for mother-in-law's 70th and probably some drone flying if weather permits. My cough is finally lifting!

Crap JH where in Jersey you coming? I've been in the godforsaken state most of my life
Insert witty comment here.

JudgeDredd

Superb stuff Slick  O0 O0

Guardians of the Galaxy II tonight. I'll be weathering my Leopard 1A4 model tonight or tomorrow and then starting work on a new model set - Airfix 1/72 WWII RAF Vehicle Set. I don't normally do that size (a bit small) but I was bought it as a Christmas present - so needs must

I honestly do not know what I will play. Probably Ghost Recon Wildlands and perhaps Elite Dangerous. I might fire up Star Citizen too - see if I can get a grip of how to do things

Enjoy yourselves
Alba gu' brath

bbmike

Outside house work which is bad because of the mass amounts of pollen I'm allergic to. I probably play Civ4 Colonization and a space 4x or two.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jamus34 on April 28, 2017, 06:45:57 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 28, 2017, 06:20:08 AM

Crap JH where in Jersey you coming? I've been in the godforsaken state most of my life

My wife is a native. I think we're going to her brother who lives in North Caldwell. They're originally from Westfield and she lived in Hoboken when I found her.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Barthheart

I need to write up some of the games I'm involved in... The Jena PBF game run by Cyrano has some interesting things happening and the DC1: Warsaw to Paris match with Jason needs a third installment before Jason gets his out and /or he sends me the turn back.

I've gotten hooked on CKII again. Playing as Leon from 1066.... slaying brothers, absorbing titles, bashing some arab heads... fun times.

Yard work starts in earnest now the nice weather is here. So planting to do, lawn mowing, pool prepping, etc.

mirth

Minis gaming tonight, boardgaming tomorrow, getting back into ME Andromeda on Sunday.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Almost at the end of Witcher 3 - man do things get wacky/fruity at the end of the main story. Also want to begin a Kievan Rus campaign in Medieval 2 TW Stainless Steel. Alien - Isolation is on the horizon too as is Batman - Arkham Origins.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd