Decades Feeder Bracket - 1980 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, April 23, 2017, 05:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Sorry to clog up this thread with dumb Zeppelin questions, but there's an 'Explicit' version of the Presence album on Amazon (a CD) for friggin' $119. There's a normal version for about 7 bucks for MP3 downloading through them, and then a Remastered version for about 10. How different is this explicit version? Just curious - no way I'm paying that much for an album.

I think I'll just get the Remastered version since I can download it.

I'll try Spotify, but usually I have other things I listen to as a staple while working, or try to. Faction Talk is starting to piss me off; Jason Ellis sucks IMO and that's about 1/3 of the listening day for that channel down the tubes. I need to branch out.

MetalDog

I have no idea what an 'Explicit,' version would entail.  And as much as I love Zep, there's no way I am paying a hundred and nineteen dollars for ANY music!  Ok.  That's not entirely true.  I pay more than that for concert tickets.  But that's different.  And really more stupid.  All you get to keep is the ticket stub and a memory.  At least with the album you have something tangible.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

trailrunner

Quote from: Steelgrave on April 25, 2017, 08:24:09 PM
Not a Zeppelin fan myself, BC, never have been. Disturbed is more my speed   8)

Speaking from my own experience, it's possible to like both Zeppelin and Disturbed.

MetalDog

Mine as well.  Although, age, instead of narrowing my musical likes, has actually led to a itch for discovery of things I haven't heard before.  That's why Spotify has been such a godsend to me.  Only Spotify can tell you how much time I have logged in to their site listening to tunes, but, they sent me an email in December showing that I have listened to enough Van Morrison, of Montreal, Genesis, The Beatles, and Roxy Music to be in the top 1% of listeners to those bands.  I also logged 13,709 minutes, 252 artists and 2,123 unique songs.  And that was from June when I signed up.

BanzaiCat

I'm with Steelie and Trailrunner - I do like Disturbed, and a lot of darker metal, but I can also listen to cheesy 80s music like Supertramp and be just as happy.

MetalDog

'Breakfast In America,' is one of the cleanest sounding records I have ever played.  I have a friend who uses it to set the levels on his stereo.

BanzaiCat

trailrunner

Quote from: MetalDog on April 25, 2017, 09:00:14 PM
'Breakfast In America,' is one of the cleanest sounding records I have ever played.  I have a friend who uses it to set the levels on his stereo.

When Steely Dan's Aja came out, it made all of our stereos sound so much better.

MetalDog

'Aja,' is also one of my favorite albums.  Saw Steely Dan a few years ago and it was one of the best shows I ever saw.

jamus34

Aja is a great album.

I'm burnt out on Van Halen, BJ (The band that MD will not allow to be named) and AC/DC. Just heard too much of their stuff repetitively to like it.

I also hate the primary radio songs of Kiss and Ramones (Rock and Roll all night and Sedated, respectively) however I do like a lot of their other stuff.

Of course I will also listen to Bela Fleck when the mood strikes.

If you like Disturbed then definitely listen to Type O-; Peter Steele was a god among men in the deep voice category and taken from us way too young.

Regarding the list I'm somewhat disappointed at no Ratt or Quiet Riot. Body Talk and Metal Health were head banger anthem's from the 80's.
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

Quiet Riot will most definitely be in 1983.  Ratt will almost definitely be in 1984.

jamus34

Quote from: MetalDog on April 25, 2017, 10:14:14 PM
Quiet Riot will most definitely be in 1983.  Ratt will almost definitely be in 1984.
O0
Insert witty comment here.

OJsDad

Any chance the Hooters, Mr Mister or Tear For Fears will make the cut in the appropriate years. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

I definitely intend to include Tears.  Don't know yet if The Hooters and Mr. Mister will make the cut.  Guess you'll have to stay tuned to find out ;)

Steelgrave

Quote from: MetalDog on April 25, 2017, 08:47:44 PM
Mine as well.  Although, age, instead of narrowing my musical likes, has actually led to a itch for discovery of things I haven't heard before.

Ditto, brother. My sons used to turn me on to new music, nowadays I'm likely to find something new first and turn them onto it. And Spotify is a Godsend....love it!