Decades Feeder Bracket - 1980 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, April 23, 2017, 05:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

As a kid, my first musical influences were my parents.  My mom liked pop music and the Beatles.  Dad liked oldies and Motown.  And disco became huge and affected me by osmosis.  So now, when I go looking for new stuff, it's a lot of singer songwriter stuff or horns and a beat you can dance to.  Although I don't dance.  At least where noone can see ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

I don't dance or sing where anyone can see or hear. You're welcome, world.

mirth

It's the lounging around with your robe open that troubles me.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Quote from: MetalDog on April 27, 2017, 10:34:14 PM
As a kid, my first musical influences were my parents.  My mom liked pop music and the Beatles.  Dad liked oldies and Motown.  And disco became huge and affected me by osmosis.  So now, when I go looking for new stuff, it's a lot of singer songwriter stuff or horns and a beat you can dance to.  Although I don't dance.  At least where noone can see ;)

It's funny to me...my mom absolutely adores the Beatles. Growing up, it didn't really impact me; I didn't like them at all. But as I've gotten older, strangely, I do enjoy listening to them.