FRIDAY Tender

Started by Jarhead0331, April 21, 2017, 04:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raied

playing Afghanistan 11, Command ops2 and PBEM of DC:B

Anguille

Get well JH!

B52 is an excellent choice!

Today i just finished with my kids our Master of Orion 4 campaign with the Mrsshans. We won by invading Antares...the Antaran fleet is really impressive.

I will probably play the following games:

- Armada 2526 (without supernova). The game plays differentely without the addon and it's harder to get money. I have a nice campaign going on.
- Civilization V...i have to continue my campaign with the Aztecs.
- Polaris Sector. I have started a game last week and will continue it. I still haven't got a clue of what i want to research next.

WallysWorld

Mostly playing Strike Fighters 2 and Strike Fighters 2: Vietnam and really enjoying both games. With TrackIR, it's great fun. Tempted to get Falcon 4 and add the BMS mod, but I've read that there's a steep learning curve with that mod.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 with the Promods map.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Jarhead0331

Quote from: WallysWorld on April 21, 2017, 02:53:18 PM
Mostly playing Strike Fighters 2 and Strike Fighters 2: Vietnam and really enjoying both games. With TrackIR, it's great fun. Tempted to get Falcon 4 and add the BMS mod, but I've read that there's a steep learning curve with that mod.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 with the Promods map.

There are great Vietnam and Desert Storm mods for SF2 series. It's the only way I play those games.

As far as learning curve on BMS, I think it's the closest thing to being a fighter pilot most people will ever get.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Wolfe1759

Some space 4X Armada 2526 Gold and possibly some NewMoO and maybe a bit of DC: Barbarossa if I'm spaced out

Update: I think I might be a bit rusty on Armada, last time I played it there was a nice sedate 50+ turns eXploring and eXpanding, this game turn 4 I sign a 20 turn peace and mutual defence pact with the 2 new alien friends I have just met, turn 5 they declare war on each other, I'm obviously not the galactic UN  :)
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

CJReich46

Well..not much on the agenda.

I have Pike and Shot still trying to understand the game- I like the campaign feature. It's hard to believe that is based on the engine for Battle Academy and it works so well.

I like the campaign feature. I'm kind of in this "tinkering" mood so I'll try something else like maybe dive into Armada 2526, or Endless Space...where ever the muse takes me.

Yeah I grabbed Fantasy General. (sigh) I have just too dang many games :buck2:
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

WallysWorld

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 21, 2017, 04:16:22 PM
There are great Vietnam and Desert Storm mods for SF2 series. It's the only way I play those games.

As far as learning curve on BMS, I think it's the closest thing to being a fighter pilot most people will ever get.

Thanks! I've been looking at some SF2 mods on combatace.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

paplan

I always look forward to reading the Friday Thread and seeing what games are popular.

One thing puzzles me though.

I see folks talking about playing 2-3 games of one genre (space 4x, for example) simultaneously.

How do you do that?  If I have the rules for Stellaris in my head, then I go to GalCiv3, it takes hours to get the GalCiv3 conventions/strategies in mind.  And then forget about going back to Stellaris in the same day.

I usually have 2-3 games going at a time, but of different genres--for instance, I have Stellaris, HOMM5, and Steel Division going.  But these are all of different genres, so for me it works.

Anguille

Quote from: paplan on April 21, 2017, 11:39:18 PM
I always look forward to reading the Friday Thread and seeing what games are popular.

One thing puzzles me though.

I see folks talking about playing 2-3 games of one genre (space 4x, for example) simultaneously.

How do you do that?  If I have the rules for Stellaris in my head, then I go to GalCiv3, it takes hours to get the GalCiv3 conventions/strategies in mind.  And then forget about going back to Stellaris in the same day.

I usually have 2-3 games going at a time, but of different genres--for instance, I have Stellaris, HOMM5, and Steel Division going.  But these are all of different genres, so for me it works.

Actually, i usually try to play different games as well. Here are the reasons why i have 2-3 games of the same genre:

1) 4x is my favorite genre
2) I have too many games that i want to play
3) Usually i have one game that i am learning (now Polaris Sector) and games that i already knwo.
4)I am not very good at any of these games i guess...

Cheers

Gusington

Paplan I can never really play more than two games at once...and they have to be different genres but roughly of the same historical era or story, like two Warhammer games at once or two Alien-themed games at once.

I blame my OCD.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: Gusington on April 22, 2017, 04:25:40 PM
Paplan I can never really play more than two games at once...and they have to be different genres but roughly of the same historical era or story, like two Warhammer games at once or two Alien-themed games at once.

I blame my OCD.

Well, OCD or alcohol fried brain cells...  :-"
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

I wish I could drink enough to fry my brain.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Quote from: Gusington on April 22, 2017, 04:47:33 PM
I wish I could drink enough to fry my brain.

You haven't been putting yer practice then...  L:-)

Gusington

'Tis true. I'll practice some more right now.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart