Main Menu

Paris Shooting

Started by Labbug, April 20, 2017, 02:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Labbug

Something going on in Paris.  One police officer killed and another wounded.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

Not necessarily connected, but included at the end of the article: "Earlier this week, two men were arrested in Marseille whom police said had been planning an attack ahead of the election. A machine gun, two hand guns and three kilos of TATP explosive were among the weapons found at a flat in the southern city along with jihadist propaganda materials according to the Paris prosecutor."

The shootings and bombings naturally and necessarily make more news, but if defeated attempts were publicized more I wonder how far (or how much farther) public perception would change.

Meanwhile, I noticed that early reports suggested a possible second shooter opening fire before the one confirmed attacker. We all know the stress and shock sometimes leave phantom shooting impressions, and since this much time has passed without further evidence I suspect that's the case here, but I wanted to type it out anyway to remember it for later, just in case.  :(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!