Lots of buzz on Trump preparing a strike on Norks with China support

Started by JasonPratt, April 12, 2017, 08:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Con

Plus the NORKs have plenty of largescale conventional arty that can do a number on Seoul

Con

mirth

That's why there are cluster munitions. Those artillery batteries would have a very exciting, very brief existence.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Con

Sure but THADD will do butkus to the first iron tide bearing down on Seoul.  Its a zero sum equation since the arty attack signals war but the real threat are the nukes.  I dont expect the NORKs to nuke Korea if Kim is going down paranoid and suicidal in his Fuhrer bunker I would expect him to fly the salvo at Japan and or US military assets fleet Okinawa bases etc)

Con

mirth

THAAD isn't there for the arty. And the Japanese have their own missile defenses.

I'm sceptical that the Norks could pull off complete surprise before unleashing a massive artillery barrage. And I suspect we and the South have detailed plans for neutralizing those guns.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth