Lots of buzz on Trump preparing a strike on Norks with China support

Started by JasonPratt, April 12, 2017, 08:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

Quote from: mirth on April 12, 2017, 06:13:38 PM
He would fit nicely in the Democratic People's Republic.

Bill and Hillary would be natural replacements. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

Quote from: OJsDad on April 12, 2017, 06:30:35 PM

They're still looking for a way to rule here.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

What cracks me up about this is that Trump has a China expert working for him...  as the ambassador to Russia.  Huntsman speaks fluent Mandarin, was the ambassador to China, and knows full well the ins and outs of the situation there w/ the Norks.  Why not call him in to advise on this?
http://www.vox.com/2017/4/12/15279654/trump-north-korea-xi-10-minutes

QuotePresident Donald Trump recounted an absolutely astounding detail about one of his conversations with Chinese President Xi Jinping in comments published by the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday afternoon. Apparently, Trump came into his first meeting with the Chinese leader, in early April, convinced that China could simply eliminate the threat posed by North Korea's nuclear program. Xi then patiently explained Chinese-Korean history to Trump — who then promptly changed his mind.

"After listening for 10 minutes, I realized it's not so easy," the president told the Journal. "I felt pretty strongly that they had a tremendous power [over] North Korea. ... But it's not what you would think."
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

Quote from: mirth on April 12, 2017, 06:31:33 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on April 12, 2017, 06:30:35 PM

They're still looking for a way to rule here.

I take that back, Bill want's it as his own personal sex club. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Steelgrave

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 12, 2017, 06:31:57 PM
What cracks me up about this is that Trump has a China expert working for him...  as the ambassador to Russia.  Huntsman speaks fluent Mandarin, was the ambassador to China, and knows full well the ins and outs of the situation there w/ the Norks.  Why not call him in to advise on this?
http://www.vox.com/2017/4/12/15279654/trump-north-korea-xi-10-minutes

QuotePresident Donald Trump recounted an absolutely astounding detail about one of his conversations with Chinese President Xi Jinping in comments published by the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday afternoon. Apparently, Trump came into his first meeting with the Chinese leader, in early April, convinced that China could simply eliminate the threat posed by North Korea's nuclear program. Xi then patiently explained Chinese-Korean history to Trump — who then promptly changed his mind.

"After listening for 10 minutes, I realized it's not so easy," the president told the Journal. "I felt pretty strongly that they had a tremendous power [over] North Korea. ... But it's not what you would think."

Dude, for a guy who argues strenuously about what is and is not journalism....you quote a puff-piece from Vox? Seriously, there is so little meat on that article that I'm not sure what the point is, not to mention that Vox cherry-picked phrases from the WSJ. As for Huntsman, I seem to remember from somewhere in my mental warehouse (ok, more like a storage shed) there was some animosity between Huntsman and Trump. Don't remember my source (it wasn't Vox!) but something about Huntsman came up during the campaign and I recall there are negative feelings, maybe both ways.

mirth

Honestly, I'm surprised Brant reads Vox at all. Slant aside, it really is garbage. It's every bit as lousy as Breitbart.

bayonetbrant

that particular Vox article was pretty benign.  And unlike Breitbart, they are occasionally interested in facts.

There's probably some leftover animosity from the campaign, but Trump did appoint Huntsman to be an ambassador...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

mirth

Steelgrave

Quote from: mirth on April 12, 2017, 07:44:59 PM
Princess Bride clips win every argument.

I know, right? It's the opposite of playing the Nazi card and losing instantly.

Con

Trump gave an interview tot he wall street journal where he gave this quote

http://thehill.com/policy/international/328592-trump-on-north-korea-china-relations-i-realized-its-not-so-easy

QuoteTrump told the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday that he was previously convinced China had "tremendous power" over North Korea. But after meeting with Xi last week Trump said he "realized it's not so easy."

"After listening for 10 minutes, I realized it's not so easy," Trump said. "I felt pretty strongly that [China] had a tremendous power over North Korea. But it's not what you would think.

Unless he is pretending to be stupid in order to gain an advantage this smacks to me of someone who is woefully unprepared to deal with arguably the biggest threat to the US.

Con

bayonetbrant

Hey look! It's the same quote I used, but since Con is quoting WSJ, y'all are gonna buy it