pictures of games in interesting places

Started by trailrunner, April 05, 2017, 11:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailrunner

I'm not sure if there is already a thread on this subject, but I thought it might be interesting to show pictures of games in interesting places.  I'll start, although instead of a game, it's a picture of a rulebook, and not a game. 

I just spent almost a week on the LHA-6 USS America.  I had a lower bunk in a berthing area.  My bunk was very tight, probably tighter than a coffin.  I figured I'd have some downtime, so I brought along my Kindle and my pocket ASL rulebook.  I tried to take a photo in my bunk one night when I was reading.  There was not nearly enough room to put the rulebook vertically on my chest (I couldn't even do that with my Kindle), so I had to roll over on my side to read.  Therefore, taking a selfie was very hard, and this was the best that I could do.

I got up to the bridge to see some Harrier landings and takeoffs, which were pretty neat, and I got flown off on a SH-60.

bayonetbrant

I gotta ask - what were you doing on an LHA?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

trailrunner

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.