Sorry - been a busy jock

Started by JudgeDredd, March 24, 2017, 05:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 25, 2017, 06:45:02 AM
I'm stunned none of the Americans even noticed with washing machine in the kitchen...

Looks great, JD :)

I did, my old kitchen was the same way.

Not too odd on houses from that era. Makes sense to a degree as it's less water lines that needed to be run in a time I imagine copper was somewhat expensive.
Insert witty comment here.

OJsDad

Weren't closets considered rooms at one time, and you were taxed for each room, so houses didn't have closets.  Is that still the case.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Richie61

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 25, 2017, 07:55:16 AM
Our house is worth about £250,000 and we bought it for £80,000 17 years ago - an increase of about £10,000pa. As an idea, if I was to sell, I'd be lucky if I probably couldn't even get a single room flat in London for that money.

Nice job JD!!!! Looks awesome!

We have the same issue with our house. Paid $167,000 for it 18 years ago and could sell it for $375,000 plus, but houses around my area are roughly $500,000 plus now a days  :(
Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

Sir Slash

Hiding all these pics from my wife or else she'll have me doing the same thing here.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Good to have you back, JD!  Nice job on the renovation; it really does look good.  O0 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

airboy

I'm impressed.  Very nice work.

JudgeDredd

Thank you.

All worktops/surfaces are now done...all corners clipped Bartheart  :DD

To do

• Paint and fit window sill (me)
  • Buy and fit blinds (not me)
  • Buy and fit flooring (not me)
  • Buy and fit skirting board (me)
  • Buy and fit door beading (me)
  • Tough up paint (me)

Then it's done. It's been a loooong project but I'm confident that there's not enough life in me that I'll be seeing that getting done again  :bd:

We have the bathroom to be done this year (or possibly next) but I imagine we'll have a contractor in for it...I can't see me volunteering my time like that again. I believe in people doing things that they're trained to do. I do programming, someone else does plumbing  O0
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

That is a clean kitchen. The dog looks...displeased.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 26, 2017, 01:21:16 PM
Thank you.

All worktops/surfaces are now done...all corners clipped Bartheart  :DD

I believe in clipping my kitchen counter corners! Sharps are rip for hip gouging.  ;)

Smart looking kitchen you got there. I do love the butcher block counter tops.  :bd:

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on March 26, 2017, 01:33:21 PM
That is a clean kitchen. The dog looks...displeased.

It's Scottish - natural state of all Scottish

JudgeDredd

The dog's just sad 'cos I shut the door to take the pictures and it's breakfast was on this side of the door  :-"
Alba gu' brath

Sir Slash

Who's polka-dot drawers are those in the washing machine?  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

Depends...if they're the little silky things, they're mine :DD
Alba gu' brath

bob48

You're a man of many talents, JD.

No camo paintwork? Tsk!  ;)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!