Everybody's gone to war, it must be FRIDAY

Started by Pete Dero, March 24, 2017, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Quote from: Hartford688 on March 24, 2017, 05:51:36 PM
Quote from: Crossroads on March 24, 2017, 12:43:11 PM
My garden may be smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum  :smitten:

Asterix in Britain ?

Indeed it is  :)
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on March 24, 2017, 06:04:07 PM
JD!
You rang?

I'll give impressions of Ghost Recon:Wildlands tomorrow when I'll AT LAST have a complete free day
Alba gu' brath

Sir Slash

Great to have you back amongst the Groginationists, Dredd. What is this 'free-day' of which you speak?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

-budd-

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 25, 2017, 03:38:12 AM
Quote from: Gusington on March 24, 2017, 06:04:07 PM
JD!
You rang?

I'll give impressions of Ghost Recon:Wildlands tomorrow when I'll AT LAST have a complete free day

Good to have you back sir, glad that all is well....The Law Returns O0
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on March 24, 2017, 05:29:23 PM
I'm writing emails to various gaming companies customer service to get replacement parts and rant about the lack of quality control over their products.  Basically I'm playing a Ralph Nader sim.

Ugh.  That blows.  :tickedoff:

CJReich46

Well..I have Saturday off today, working Sunday morning.

I have been playing Kingdom Rush on my tablet,  ::)  I wish there was something like MOO for tablet.

Still at Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom.

My Polaris Sector game is going well. 

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

airboy

I've been playing Order of Battle WW2 - The US Campaign in the Pacific (not the Marine campaign).

The AI has been really good.  The Bataan scenario was quite challenging.  Then the Nips beat me in the Coral Sea.  I sank two carriers (including a fleet carrier) with no carrier losses!  But the AI Japs pressed home the attack on Port Morsby and captured it (which they probably should have done in reality).

Although saddened by the loss, I'm really quite impressed with the Naval AI of the Japanese.  Trying to find their carriers, trying to keep them from finding my carriers, taking care of Tuglai is a hard balancing act.

I think I know what I did wrong.  But winning even after losing is not going to be easy.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on March 24, 2017, 10:24:12 PM
Quote from: Raied on March 24, 2017, 01:17:26 PM
Wife not home this weekend, sooo playing much more
Graviteam mius front, i have to learn more.
command ops 2
pbem on combat mission fb

Im not sure but I shall buy something from steam maybe afghanistan 11, battle brothers or day of infamy.

Graviteam -- maybe, and some CMANO -- trying to simulate the Houthis (Shia in Western Yemen who wiped out Al-Qaeda there and are now getting bombed by the Saudis) reported techniques of using drones to knock out Saudi Patriot radars and then hit Saudi ships or airfields with other missiles or drone boat bombs.
And maybe some Heroes and Generals

The game makes it pretty hard to do Houthiesque things.  Drones can't be flown right into their targets and anyway the Patriot shoots down the drone.  On the other hand the Saudis will shoot exocets at aerostats (which doesn't seem to work on the terminal segment)...so that's interesting.

airboy

I replayed the Coral Sea battle and managed to win.  One (of three) Yorktown class carriers were sunk.  My other two fleet carriers were lightly damaged by subs.  But I managed to sink the Port Morsby invasion fleet this time, sank the Jap baby flattop and also managed to sink both Jap Fleet Carriers!

I sank the second Fleet carrier on the next to last turn of the scenario.  I managed to sneak in a sub past the screen, and torpedo the carrier for some damage.  Then my SBDs finished it off.  I did not find the carrier until 5 turns were left in the scenario although I had suspicions where it was based on where the Jap planes were coming from.

I lost a couple of destroyers.  More destroyers were damaged.  One Heavy Cruiser just avoided being sunk.  I did not lose any air squadrons, but almost all of them got shot up badly (especially the F4Fs).

Kushan

Spent most of my day working on a new CMANO scenario. Also put some time into Afghanistan '11 and The Division which I picked up on sale. I want to like Afghan '11, and there are parts of it I do, but overall I think its the first Matrix game I feel I wasted my money on. Not to far into The Division. Picked it up mainly for the change of scenery from World of Warcraft. Tomorrow I'll probably split my time between more CMANO, The Division and Ghost Recon.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Rayfer

Quote from: airboy on March 25, 2017, 05:02:19 PM
I replayed the Coral Sea battle and managed to win.  One (of three) Yorktown class carriers were sunk.  My other two fleet carriers were lightly damaged by subs.  But I managed to sink the Port Morsby invasion fleet this time, sank the Jap baby flattop and also managed to sink both Jap Fleet Carriers!

I sank the second Fleet carrier on the next to last turn of the scenario.  I managed to sneak in a sub past the screen, and torpedo the carrier for some damage.  Then my SBDs finished it off.  I did not find the carrier until 5 turns were left in the scenario although I had suspicions where it was based on where the Jap planes were coming from.

I lost a couple of destroyers.  More destroyers were damaged.  One Heavy Cruiser just avoided being sunk.  I did not lose any air squadrons, but almost all of them got shot up badly (especially the F4Fs).

Just curious...what game were you playing?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Rayfer on March 26, 2017, 06:41:38 AM

From an early post assuming Order of Battle WW2 - The US Campaign in the Pacific.

airboy

Quote from: Rayfer on March 26, 2017, 06:41:38 AM

Order of Battle: World War 2.  The US Campaign (not the Marine campaign).

Hofstadter

I've been debating that player unknown battle ground game but...

CONS
-Early Access
- 40 AUD early access
- 40 AUD early access without aussie servers

PROS
- Its really shiny
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd