Everybody's gone to war, it must be FRIDAY

Started by Pete Dero, March 24, 2017, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

While I would like to mess with Af'11 this weekend, I suspect I'll be (1) dodging lightning bolts with the new round of blizzard weather (and its attached southern tail, more relevant for WestTN); and (2) working on DC1:Blitz vs Barth and setting up my AARs of the same. Which has somewhat superseded my prior AAR project, also still on the burner however.

Theoretically also SOW:Waterloo on Saturday afternoon with Asid and the Dogs of War.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Crossroads

Everybody's gone to Total War Rome Roma Surrectum III !!! With Windows10 !!! Gods Be Praised   :notworthy:

I thought I'd never see the day playing Roma Surrectum anymore after the original RTW games stopped running as of Windows 10  :smitten:

Happy happy happy  \m/
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

My garden may be smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum  :smitten:

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Crossroads

Quote from: Gusington on March 24, 2017, 12:44:35 PM
Whoa.

Just in case: Rome Total War mod of the mods Roma Surrectum II kept me happy for years. RS campaigns with all the planning and empire building are just the tops. Then, of course, old Total War games ceased to work with Windows 10.

Now, the Roma Surrectum modders have not only brought the mod to RS III, but also figured out how to run it with W10. Original RTW game install of course required.

:)

Raied

Wife not home this weekend, sooo playing much more
Graviteam mius front, i have to learn more.
command ops 2
pbem on combat mission fb

Im not sure but I shall buy something from steam maybe afghanistan 11, battle brothers or day of infamy.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tuna on March 24, 2017, 09:49:04 AM
Quote from: -budd- on March 24, 2017, 08:55:12 AM
I know this isn't Friday topic stuff but where did JD go? it's been a long awhile, always enjoyed his perspective on things.

He is okay, that's the most important thing (chatted with him on Steam).  Not sure why no longer active here though. He is missed!

I've connected with JD. All is good...he is really busy with a home renovation project so all his free time goes to gaming, rather than posting. He said he'll check in soon.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Hi - sorry all. I've been really busy the beginning of this year. Lots of RL stuff (nothing bad thankfully). I've just neglected forum stuff because the little time I have had I wanted to game.

But it's all good. Things look like calming down in the next week or so.

I'll be right back before you know it  O0
Alba gu' brath

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Bison

I'm writing emails to various gaming companies customer service to get replacement parts and rant about the lack of quality control over their products.  Basically I'm playing a Ralph Nader sim.

Hartford688

Quote from: Crossroads on March 24, 2017, 12:43:11 PM
My garden may be smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum  :smitten:

Asterix in Britain ?

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Raied on March 24, 2017, 01:17:26 PM
Wife not home this weekend, sooo playing much more
Graviteam mius front, i have to learn more.
command ops 2
pbem on combat mission fb

Im not sure but I shall buy something from steam maybe afghanistan 11, battle brothers or day of infamy.

Graviteam -- maybe, and some CMANO -- trying to simulate the Houthis (Shia in Western Yemen who wiped out Al-Qaeda there and are now getting bombed by the Saudis) reported techniques of using drones to knock out Saudi Patriot radars and then hit Saudi ships or airfields with other missiles or drone boat bombs.
And maybe some Heroes and Generals