Author Topic: DC1: Warsaw to Paris - Jason vs Barthheart  (Read 133 times)

Offline Barthheart

• Arquebusier
  • Looking for dark matter in deep, dark holes....
DC1: Warsaw to Paris - Jason vs Barthheart
« on: March 20, 2017, 05:25:53 PM »
Prologue

Well, we're at it again due to overwhelming peer pressure. This time around Jason will be driving the panzers while I will try to use all the Allied toys and grit and luck to stop him. :bd:

We're going to try and play the campaign game but just the Poland and France scenarios. So Jason wants to do well in Poland so he gets some more toys in France and I need to do well to hobble him enough in France to be ale to pull out a win.

Doing well in Poland is harder for the Germans, but I need to really make him pay to get the most benefit in France. I have a few tricks up my sleeves that I won't go into yet in case he's reading this.

The struggle will begin in earnest tomorrow night when I open Jason's file to see what he managed in the first actions. I hope we can keep you all entertained.  :)
PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Offline JasonPratt

• Longbowman
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
Re: DC1: Warsaw to Paris - Jason vs Barthheart
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 05:37:51 PM »
My AAR thread is temporarily open at the moment, too, btw: no spoilers there yet.  O:-)

Adding this thread to my sig.
Bart vs Me -- Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa

Me vs Barth -- DC1: Blitz

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Crossroads

• Viking
  • Gott Mit Uns! - Breitenfeld 1631
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 11:48:47 AM »
Prologue
 So Jason wants to do well in Poland so he gets some more toys in France and I need to do well to hobble him enough in France to be ale to pull out a win.

Subscription in for this thread as well  :)
Campaign Series Legion
-------------------------
CS: East Front III | CS: Vietnam - In The Works
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 - 2.0 Coming Soon
JTCS: West Front 2.0 | East Front II 2.0 | Rising Sun 2.0
-------------------------
CS:ME DARs "Into Africa!" (Egypt, 17 Oct 1973) Me vs Berto | "The Crossroads" (West Bank, 5 June 1967)  Me vs Berto | "Riptide" (Libya, 6 Aug 1985) Me vs Berto

Offline JasonPratt

• Longbowman
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 01:14:15 PM »
Strictly speaking, if Barth delays me sufficiently there will be no war in France; and if there is, I'm going to get the toys anyway. What I won't get is a full recharge of my losses if I take more than 10% casualties. Any losses above that will reduce my replenish by proportion. (Roughly speaking for example, if I suffer 11% casualties, I'll only replenish back up to 99% strength.)

Any political points I manage to spare / gain in Poland, I can spend on France, but I'm not sure what I can spend them on. Without historical variants, there aren't many valid pre-scenario cards to buy. (The engine allows me to waste points on them anyway, but to no purpose. There are two valid choices pre-Poland which I'll explain in the AAR.) Once I'm into the operation, I can buy another infantry division every once in a while as I gang up points. Is that it? ...maybe? From a campaign perspective, the goal is to save up enough polipoints to help with the end-game invasion of Britain -- which we aren't planning to do.

Unlike more PanzerGeneral-ish games, I can't spend points during a mission to replenish troops, much less upgrade kit; I don't think I can upgrade kit (much less buy extra units) between scenarios later.

I mean, sure, I'll buy a few more infantry divisions as I get them, but I'm wondering if I should do that now in Poland so they can get some experience maybe -- but that only makes sense if they carry over into France. Otherwise extra divs only make sense to tip a balance in case I'm risking losing Weiss.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 01:15:50 PM by JasonPratt »
Bart vs Me -- Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa

Me vs Barth -- DC1: Blitz

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Sir Slash

• Crossbowman
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 01:43:24 PM »
Sounds good Jason. Best I can remember from playing against the AI, getting to Warsaw is the key...duh. It has many more Vic. points than any other Polish city and is their source of supply. It wasn't too hard to get there but unless you can cut it off from the east and isolate the units supply there, it becomes a slug-fest for the city which will cost you plenty. The Polish Airforce-- no problem. The Polish weather-- BIG problem. Rain just killed me in this scenario. That I remember well.  :pullhair:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.