Nork Nukes Nearing Nuisance?

Started by bayonetbrant, March 14, 2017, 11:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

Does any one know why the war has never been officially ended before.  Is this another sign that NK leadership is feeling the pressure of the sanctions.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

Quote from: OJsDad on April 17, 2018, 08:03:25 AM
Does any one know why the war has never been officially ended before.  Is this another sign that NK leadership is feeling the pressure of the sanctions.

More likely feeling pressure from new Chinese leadership....

Pete Dero

Does any one know why the war has never been officially ended before. 

As far as I know they only signed a Truce.

On July 27, 1953, they signed the Korean Armistice Agreement, ending all acts of armed force in Korea. The agreement was not a peace treaty but a ceasefire.

By absence of peace you are still at war ...

Sir Slash

This way Little Kim can go tell everybody in N.Kor. that HE won the war.... finally.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Pete Dero on April 17, 2018, 09:57:35 AM
Does any one know why the war has never been officially ended before. 

As far as I know they only signed a Truce.

On July 27, 1953, they signed the Korean Armistice Agreement, ending all acts of armed force in Korea. The agreement was not a peace treaty but a ceasefire.

By absence of peace you are still at war ...

Indeed.

It was just a ceasefire agreement that kept going on & on.

Of course, there were regular hostile incidents since then.

Also - the Nork leadership never gave up it's belief that they were, and should be, the rulers of the whole Korean peninsula.  They were never interested in a peace deal because they believed it was all theirs in the first place, and wouldn't sign anything because it would indicate that it was not.

Perhaps the many decades of NK getting run into the ground, combined with outside pressure, has finally loosened the sphincter.  When the usual appeasement of the Norks is taken off the table, they're now put in a black & white decision-making paradigm. 

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Chairman Xi finally yanked hard on the leash?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

Sure, we can all believe Dear Leader!  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JasonPratt

I kind of believe him in this case. Whether he'll change his mind about building some credibility next week, who knows? But someone appears to have suggested that if he would just stop spending money on antagonizing the world suicidally, he could build a solid gold tower taller than some other tower in America with a world leader's name on it -- and that otherwise he can expect to be laser-bombed off the face of the Earth soon.

Besides, recent word over the past few months is that his nuclear program is an internal disaster with steadily more bullets being loaded into the revolver to spin and dry-click. Even he might see that he could end up nuking his own nation if he doesn't focus his ego and craziness somewhere else.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

I hear he's trying to get on American Idol next season. He's already won N. Korean Idol.... every year.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

Sir Slash

Any chance Little Kim will defect to the south while he's there? Then he and Rodman can play together in the NBA.  :uglystupid2:

Centurion40

Quote from: OJsDad on April 26, 2018, 07:45:19 PM
Kim Jong Un walks into South Korea to shake hands with Moon Jae-in

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/04/26/kim-jong-un-walks-into-south-korea-to-shake-hands-with-moon-jae-in.html

The photos and videos on all news sources are amazing.  But I couldn't help feeling like I was watching movie where the Norks were deliberately causing a distraction for a wide-scale invasion.
Any time is a good time for pie.