FREE --> Battle Academy at Matrixgames...

Started by steve58, March 10, 2017, 09:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

is the above mega pack compatible with the Steam version of the original game?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bardolph

As far as I know. I had like 2 of the DLC from Steam and bought the Megapack this past Xmas to fill out the ones I was missing and IIRC I bought it at Matrix.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Just bought it for 19.99. Better than 60.00 :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Ugh...downloaded the megapack but I get an error that says it cannot update because "the program being upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch updates a different version of the program..."

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

PipFromSlitherine

If you contact tech support I am sure they can work out what is going on.  IIRC for the Slitherine version, the installer is going to be pretty much just unlocking the DLC if you are fully patched up already.  Have you tried running the game after this error, in case it is a false error message?

Cheers

Pip

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Gusington on March 20, 2017, 06:31:35 PM
Ugh...downloaded the megapack but I get an error that says it cannot update because "the program being upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch updates a different version of the program..."

What I did after I got the MegaPack serial is to start BA as normal and click on the "Unlock Expansions" button. Enter the MegaPack serial for EACH of the listed expansions and BOOM, you're good. There is no need to "install" the MegaPack per se.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Bardolph

Hope that works Gus, didn't mean to steer you wrong.

Gusington

^No worries, I will try what the doctor posted above and if that doesn't work I will uninstall the Steam version and install the digital DRM-free version.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Plan B worked :) - got all the DLC scenarios plus downloaded all the user made campaigns, including WWI missions!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

PipFromSlitherine

If you were trying to install the Slitherine megapack install on top of the Steam version that would definitely explain why it didn't work :)

Cheers

Pip

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Gusington on March 20, 2017, 09:44:42 PM
Plan B worked :) - got all the DLC scenarios plus downloaded all the user made campaigns, including WWI missions!

Where are the user made campaigns? On the matrix forum?

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Gusington

Not in front of my machine right now but the user made scenarios did come from the Matrix forums, IIRC.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Gusington on March 21, 2017, 01:35:45 PM
Not in front of my machine right now but the user made scenarios did come from the Matrix forums, IIRC.

Hmmm. Not having much luck at either Matrix or Slitherine. There are several forums at Slitherine devoted to mods but all the links get dropbox errors.  :'(

Philippe

I'm fairly certain that you get Battle Academy scenario mods in pretty much the same way that you get Pike and Shot mods: you download them from inside the game.  One of the buttons at the top left of your screen takes you to where you need to go. 

My flag mod, however, is NOT one of the mods that can be loaded that way.

Update:

I just looked -- you have to go inside campaigns (second word from left across lower portion of screen on first page), then click on the third button from the left at the top of the screen (the one with pictures of folders) on the second page.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.