The Xth Annual GrogHeads March Madness Bracket Challenge!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 08, 2017, 09:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Yeah Baylor laid an egg in that one.  However, I felt that Baylor was overrated all season. 

airboy

I'm amazed that South Carolina made it to the Final 8.  My wife told me that SC had never won an NCAA Tournament Mens BB game until this year.  I still find that hard to believe.

Brant - as a Gamechicken alum you have no idea how many bad gamechicken things that I can throw out there.  I've known tons of Clemson people for 35 years and I've seen it all.

airboy

With Kentucky winning I can't finish any lower than middle of the pack.

Sir Slash

For those of you poor Sods that didn't stay-up to 1am this morning, you missed maybe the best BB game ending in history. Florida scores 3 to win at the buzzer beating Wisconsin by 1 point.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 25, 2017, 10:34:25 AMyou missed maybe the best BB game ending in history

There is only one correct answer to that statement

[yt]https://youtu.be/_K3UJUmHREQ[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

but yes, I did flip over from the US 6-0 thrashing of Honduras in time to catch the OT winner and can't believe that Wisconsin didn't put someone in front of him!

Sir Slash

True enough. They only needed to throw him off stride or slow him down. The buzzer sounded with the ball in the air after his shot.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

One of my buddies at work picked Oregon to beat Kansas.  If the Heels win it all, he may show up on the ESPN top 50 leaderboard.   I'm a dead man walking in the office pool.

bayonetbrant

airboy

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

RANK BRACKET, OWNER        R64   R32   S16   E8   F4  NCG  CHAMPION   PPR  TOTAL   PCT
1   Straight Chalk         260   240   160   160   0   0   Villanova    -   820   97.9
2   avery knows dook sucks 250   220   160   160   0   0   UNC        480   790   92.7
3   Marty Ward             260   200   160     0   0   0   Kansas       -   620   53.1
4   stophro                260   140   120    80   0   0   Arizona    160   600   46.4
5   KyzBP                  240   220   120     0   0   0   Kentucky     -   580   39.9
6   Bison                  260   180    40    80   0   0   Gonzaga    480   560   33.6
7   bayonetbrant           270   140    40    80   0   0   Louisville   -   530   25.5
8   OJsDad                 240   200    40     0   0   0   UCLA         -   480   15.2

I want to thank OJsDad for making me feel better.  I know it was a big ask, but we're so proud of you for being up to the task.

It's still mathematically possible for Straight Chalk to finish on top of the heap.

MetalDog

I shouldn't do any worse than 5th.  At least I will be in front of Brant  :-"
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Well Airboy is sitting in a much better position than I am for sure.  I need Gonzaga to win it all, since those are the only points I have remaining.  Should be an exciting final four finish next week end.