Chocolate Syrup

Started by solops, March 05, 2017, 04:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

In my continuing effort to find tasty food in today's mass production food markets I have come up empty on good chocolate syrup. Hershey's seems to be the best, but it has, over the years, seemed to develop a hint of a fishy flavor, not to mention its use of GMO sourced High Fructose Corn Syrup. Nestlé's seems to try to be more politically correct, but it tastes sweeter and less chocolaty. I tried an off-the-wall syrup I found on Amazon and it was good. Really basic ingredients - coco, cane sugar and water. It was also expensive. My wife whacked my noggin and told me just to make it myself if I was going to be picky, as many people do. But, I am lazy and would rather buy it, if I can find the right one. Any suggestions? Or recipes?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Normally I'd expect me to start a thread with this title.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

Quote from: mirth on March 05, 2017, 04:21:58 PM

And tie Star into the subject matter......

mirth

Quote from: Steelgrave on March 05, 2017, 04:30:49 PM
Quote from: mirth on March 05, 2017, 04:21:58 PM

And tie Star into the subject matter......

Goat's Milk Chocolate
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

U-bet chocolate syrup. Make sure to find the Passover version though.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Clipped counters and Kosher chocolate syrup...Does it get any better than that?

bbmike

Don't forget bourbon and scotch!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

MetalDog

Chocolate bourbon and scotch?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

bbmike

I think we have a theme for Origins 2017!  :smitten:
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

I used to have an old girlfriend that had the sweetest tasting chocolate syrup. I never got around to asking what brand it was though.  ^-^ 
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

OJsDad

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 05, 2017, 11:22:49 PM
I used to have an old girlfriend that had the sweetest tasting chocolate syrup. I never got around to asking what brand it was though.  ^-^

Poontang. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

Can you buy that brand? I mean in Winn-Dixie. :D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

solops

I am beginning to think that some of you do not understand how serious this whole chocolate thing really is. Think of all of the things you'd like to pour really good chocolate on. I need a good, chocolaty syrup, but not too sweet!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin