Mumps

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, February 25, 2017, 07:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Greybriar

Take care of yourself, SDR, and get well soon.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

bbmike

You can get the mumps again!?  :o
Seriously, take care, SDR.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

Get well soon.  I had mumps as a kid in the 1960s and it was not fun.

Dammit Carl!

Jeez. Take care, man.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: bbmike on February 26, 2017, 10:12:02 AM
You can get the mumps again!?  :o
Seriously, take care, SDR.  O0

Yeah, surprised me as well.  Lots of people getting it here in Vancouver.  It seems that the single in ovulation shot we got as kids wasn't enough and two doses are recommended now. 

jamus34

Doesn't help with the non-vax fad crown either...I think some of these parents should be purposely injected with some of these diseases to "re-educate" them on why vaccines are such a good thing.

Or perhaps they want their kids living most of their lives in an iron lung. Or scarred. Or with permanent damage.
Insert witty comment here.

OJsDad

SDR, how old are you. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Silent Disapproval Robot

JasonPratt

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 26, 2017, 11:25:26 AM
Yeah, surprised me as well.  Lots of people getting it here in Vancouver.  It seems that the single in ovulation shot we got as kids wasn't enough and two doses are recommended now.

Autocorrect is just so wrong sometimes.  :2funny:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

Look for these old timey diseases to make a comeback slowly; new strains are always being found that become immune to current inoculations.

Hipsters that don't believe in child inoculation are certainly not helping things, though.

steve58

Quote from: jamus34 on February 26, 2017, 08:42:55 PM
Doesn't help with the non-vax fad crown either...I think some of these parents should be purposely injected with some of these diseases to "re-educate" them on why vaccines are such a good thing.

Or perhaps they want their kids living most of their lives in an iron lung. Or scarred. Or with permanent damage.

Yup, iron lungs are no fun.  My father contracted polio out in San Francisco in the early 50s.  He was in an iron lung for a few months, but eventually recovered enough to where he was mobile with the help of a cane.  He was a tough old bird and I can't count the number of times he fell.  Always managed to get back up (usually with the help of me or my siblings).  He and Mom always made sure we kids got our polio vaxes (I remember sugar cubes with red dots on them).  The no-Vax crowd today has no clue what they may re-release on to society. 

OK, rant over.  SDR, hope you get well soon!
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

Is this thread infectious?  :timeout:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

Yes, It'll make your dongle drop off.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: jamus34 on February 26, 2017, 08:42:55 PM

Word. These idiots are doing their damndest to bring defeated diseases back.