Author Topic: Trump's War on the Media  (Read 19238 times)

Offline Bison

• Captain America
  • Arquebusier
Re: Trump's War on the Media
« Reply #225 on: March 20, 2017, 06:21:24 PM »
Ironically there is a strong argument to be made that "mainstream" press like the NYT, WP, CNN, MSNBC push conspiracy theory as a norm now too. 

Offline Staggerwing

• Arquebusier
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
« Reply #226 on: March 20, 2017, 06:55:46 PM »
Ironically there is a strong argument to be made that "mainstream" press like the NYT, WP, CNN, MSNBC push conspiracy theory as a norm now too.

I don't see an argument that it has become the mainstream's 'norm', even if they do on occasion play patsy to some of those theories. More like they are getting sloppier. The originators such as Infowars are the real toxic waste dumps passing themselves off as Mothers' Milk. The Sandy Hook thing particularly infuriates me, as it hits close to home.
Vituđ ér enn - eđa hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

Offline Bison

• Captain America
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #227 on: March 20, 2017, 10:42:47 PM »
The mainstream news passes off bullshit all of the time.  Its not sloppiness.  Its intentional.  Some of the very examples from that article (I've got some opinions about medium.com but that is a different issue) were the epitome of mainstream media initial hysteria, blame casting, and the following excuse making.  The Boston Marathon bombers and the Pulse shootings come specifically to mind.

The Sandy Hook false flag stuff is infuriating.  I completely agree with you on that point.

Offline OJsDad

• Landsknecht
  • Fighting for Oppressed Individualism
« Reply #228 on: March 27, 2017, 05:14:53 PM »
Too bad the national MSM isn't in a hurry to run with these stories.  They definitely not going to hold politician accountable for the refusal to assist ICE. 

If you see this story in the national MSM, let me know, it's not on ABC's news site.

OREGON, Ohio (WTVG) - Three people are dead after crash in Jerusalem Township early Sunday morning. Police responded to the deadly scene at Cousino and Seaman Roads after midnight.

Troopers say the driver of a van, Alejandro Ramirez-Jaramillo, 26, was drunk. He reportedly ran a stop sign on northbound Cousino and hit and White SUV traveling eastbound on Seaman. The family in the SUV were pronounced dead at the scene.

Those victims of the crash have been identified as: Robin Shellhammer, 60, of Oregon; his wife, Barbara Shellhammer, 56, and their daughter Whitney Meinke, 33, from Curtice. The three people in the van suffered minor injuries.

Barb Shellhammer was the director of Nourish Early Learning along Navarre and that's where a makeshift memorial continues to grow. Meinke served as a teacher with the Benton-Carroll-Salem school district. She taught third grade at RC Waters Elementary School.

Ramirez-Jaramillo is charged with aggravated vehicular homicide. He was booked at the Lucas County Jail and held for U.S. Border Patrol.

A Border Patrol spokesperson confirms to 13abc Ramirez-Jaramillo was in the United State illegally. A statement from the spokesperson reads, "On March 26, 2017, U.S. Border Patrol agents assigned to the Sandusky Bay Station (SBY) responded to a request from the Ohio State Highway Patrol (OSHP) to identify the driver involved in a traffic accident that resulted in three fatalities. SBY Agents responded to St. Charles Mercy Hospital in Oregon, Ohio where they interviewed the driver who freely admitted to Agents that he is a Mexican citizen illegally present in the United States. The driver was released from the hospital and transported to the Lucas County Jail by OSHP. The subject is currently in OSHP custody facing charges related to causing the deaths of three subjects while operating a vehicle under the influence. The United States Border Patrol placed a detainer on the subject."

Agents confirm one of the passengers in the vehicle was also in the United States illegally, "Additionally, after identifying the driver OSHP informed the SBY Agents that a passenger in the vehicle was also at the hospital. The agents made contact with the subject, who also freely admitted to being in the United States illegally. The subject was released from St. Charles Mercy Hospital and was taken into custody by SBY Agents at that time. The subject was processed with a Notice to Appear and was turned over to ICE-ERO."

This marks the 6th death in this small town in just one week. Three people were killed in a separate drunk driving crash last week. Sgt. Christopher Fitzgerald says if you see someone drink and try to get behind the wheel, do something about it.

"We have units out there that are aggressively trying to stop this increasing problem that we are having. Trying to get the word out for people to understand and be responsible. You know if you're going to go out and drink get a designated driver," stated Sgt. Christopher Fitzgerald with
Ohio State Highway Patrol. "When you don't you know we have tragic instances like we've had in the past week."

Lieutenant Matt Leutke with the Lucas County Sheriff's office says authorities are increasing patrols to stop drunk driving. "We are going to have patrols out here to traffic. We are also planning on putting together an OVI checkpoint for Jerusalem township within the next seven days."
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Offline Swatter

• Viking
« Reply #229 on: March 27, 2017, 05:57:14 PM »
I don't think the media should be going out of their way to cover stories where illegal aliens commit crimes. I think it is a story when an illegal alien commits a felony, serves his/her time and is released back in the United States instead of being deported... and commits another serious crime. That is a story worth covering.

The Federal Govt has not been enforcing immigration law for their own selfish reasons- to get votes. So, I extend some understanding to illegal aliens. We do need to enforce immigration laws, but with some empathy. So, right now I think Trump has the right idea. Deport illegals who commit felonies (or who have suspected gang affiliations) and secure the border. Once you have those things in place, we desperately need comprehensive reform. Trump has signaled willingness to support that, but I honestly doubt that will happen.

Offline Nefaro

• Arquebusier
« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2017, 08:31:28 AM »
Too bad the national MSM isn't in a hurry to run with these stories.  They definitely not going to hold politician accountable for the refusal to assist ICE. 

If you see this story in the national MSM, let me know, it's not on ABC's news site.

This stuff happens all the time.  Foreign citizens who have repeatedly entered the country illegally, after multiple deportations, committing crimes but getting hushed by the Democrat-run media. 

Also, in recent years, being released by ICE after being captured, then released into the countray, anyway, and told to show up to a court date - but never doing so.  Or just living in a so-called "sanctuary city" where even that much law enforcement isn't practiced.

I worked in a small town, with a very large immigrant population, for years.  Steady trickle of illegals coming there, to hang out with their family members who had work permits (although overstaying those has been a big issue too).  Aside from theft being a constant problem (sold quite a lot of security devices after break-ins!) there were constant drunk driving accidents on the highways involving them, many fatal or debilitating.  Shocking regularity.  Wouldn't be unusual to see such a tragic accident every week or two in the local news.  ICE would occasionally come raid a plant, and haul off illegals working there, but they'd be right back before long.  Obviously some of them didn't worry much about our law enforcement, and that seems to have extended to petty crime, for some, too.

What's more, they would send all their earnings back to Mexico, or whichever central american country they came from.  Aside from their liquor expenditures.  I mean.. Mexico's monetary remittances from the US has surpassed it's income from oil.  So it's not like the local economy was booming since so much of it was being sent out of the country.

When I lived in the city, before moving to that small town, I had been naive.  Not being close enough to this situation to see it's extent.  It wasn't a noticeable issue, elsewhere, because there wasn't a very high concentration of this happening in the city.  Almost unnoticeable.  So I can see why people think it's a non-issue and brush it off.  But I began to see how non-enforcement of our immigration laws just cascaded into other issues in areas where it's results were more prevalent & obvious.   

Just another reason I'm an Anti-Democrat.  Picking & choosing which laws to enforce for their own expected gains.   :pullhair:  That this has been so easily done by these politicians, outright flaunting federal laws in exchange for more future political support, has given me little hope that it will improve without someone putting their foot down and fixing our non-enforcement situation.

Through all this, the Dem-dominated mainstream news media has downplayed such things for many years.  It's bad news for their party, in particular, so these incidents get crammed into the news recesses.

Controlled & lawful immigration is needed, and works just fine.  But it needs to be equally enforced across the board, to limit intake and sort out the less desirable, as it was meant to do.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 08:34:08 AM by Nefaro »

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #231 on: March 28, 2017, 08:47:21 AM »
These sorts of stories are never going to make national news - they are local stories.  How many car crashes her make national news, regardless of who is at fault?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:51:35 PM by bayonetbrant »
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline OJsDad

• Landsknecht
  • Fighting for Oppressed Individualism
« Reply #232 on: March 28, 2017, 10:14:38 AM »
Brant, the national press has no problem with running with local stories.  Watch the nightly news broadcast or go to their websites, you'll see plenty of local stories getting national attention.  But this story isn't just a local issue.  It's a national issue showing the negative impact of illegals.  And because it doesn't help with the agenda that the national media wants, then it won't get played.  I've seen plenty of stories in the last of months beating up Trump and ICE for enforcing immigration laws.  Some of those stories I agree with.  But, by burying stories that don't meet the agenda that they want to set, they're also contributing to the rise of alternate news sources, many that we know are less than honest and factual on their stories. 

Here's the search I placed in google just now, "illegal immigrant drunk driving"

Looking a the first page of results, I see 1 from Foxnews, 1 from The Blaze, 2 from Beitbart, 2 from Dailmail and the rest of from site I've never heard of before.  No ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, NYT, WaPo, WSJ.  I have to go down over half way of the second page to find a hit for CBS.  I get as many hits from a British paper than I do from US MSM combined. 

BTW, if you read the Foxnews article, you have to wonder why the other national media news outlets aren't running with it also;

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/30/dad-turns-grief-from-sons-death-into-quest-to-tabulate-toll-illegal-drivers.html
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Offline Nefaro

• Arquebusier
« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2017, 11:03:33 AM »

The MSM has been a laughing stock.

Not just blatant Democrat propagandist cherry picking, but a step beyond. 

The headlines on their front pages have been the same for months now.  Doing their best to delegitimize the presidential election that happened four months ago, with nothing to show except the extent of their bias and how far they will go to revise reality and control the media narrative in favor of their party.

I regularly check them, to see what the media's sheople feed tube is pushing on any given day.  It's been the exact same bullshit for months now.  Almost comical if it didn't resemble a mental breakdown so much.  Many of them look just like this; day in, day out.

::)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 11:05:13 AM by Nefaro »

Offline Nefaro

• Arquebusier
« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2017, 11:08:37 AM »
Meanwhile, many blips get dumped & actively hidden in the basement of the big DemMedia...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4355274/Father-Maryland-high-school-rape-suspec-arrested-ICE.html

Father of Maryland high school rape suspect accused of 'raping a fourteen-year-old girl in a bathroom' is arrested by ICE

Published: 22:54 EDT, 27 March 2017

Adolfo Sanchez-Reyes, 43, was arrested by ICE agents from Guatemala
    His son, Henry Sanchez-Milian, 18, is accused of rape and also faces deportation
    Sanchez-Milian is accused of raping a 14-year-old girl in Jessup, Maryland

The father of a Guatemalan teen who is accused of raping a 14-year-old girl was arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement Friday.

Adolfo Sanchez-Reyes, 43, was taken away by ICE agents for illegally immigrating to Jessup, Maryland from Guatemala.

He was issued a notice to appear in immigration court and is being held at Howard County Detention Center in Jessup according to WTOP.

Sanchez-Reyes is the father of Henry Sanchez-Milian, 18, who is accused of rape and is also facing deportation.

Police in Maryland arrested Jose Montano, 17, and Henry Sanchez-Milian, 18, after the young girl told school officials the pair had forced her into a bathroom stall at Montgomery County high school and raped her.

Sanchez-Milian is believed to have entered the US illegally from Guatemala seven months ago.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement won't report on Montano's immigration status as he is a minor.

Montano arrived El Salvador about eight months ago.

....continued at link...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 11:10:13 AM by Nefaro »

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2017, 04:03:03 PM »
So you actually *do* think that Trump knew the contents of the health care bill, even with other Republicans on the record saying he didn't?

You don't actually believe the FBI has something on the Russia connection?

You actually think that Trump has somehow separated his personal business dealings from him administration?

You don't think that Trump is "taking a hammer" to Obama's environmental regulations?

I'm waiting for which news story on there you don't think is actually a story.

Never forget, there was only 1 major presidential candidate under FBI investigation when the election happened.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline Con

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2017, 05:00:02 PM »
Meanwhile, many blips get dumped & actively hidden in the basement of the big DemMedia...

First the Dailymail is entertainment not news
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-mail/
Notes: The Daily Mail is a British daily middle-market tabloid newspaper owned by the Daily Mail and General Trust and published in London (Wikipedia). Has a strong conservative bias and has a poor track record with fact checkers.

Secondly googling the name of the person involved leads to the following results showing that the daily mail article was actually before Breitbart news but after the Baltimore Sun and many local news organizations (motly ABC/NBC/Fox affiliates) had already posted on it.  Frankly I dont see any collusion or conspiracy here to hide certain news I see it being reported by local being picked up by national when it makes a big enough splash that those for profit organizations see that they will get readers to view it and their corresponding marketing material that pays their bills to go along with it.

Offline Nefaro

• Arquebusier
« Reply #237 on: March 28, 2017, 05:08:36 PM »

Never forget, there was only 1 major presidential candidate under FBI investigation when the election happened.

... and, quite oddly, it wasn't the candidate with proven links to Russian payoffs.

Just one example:

Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal

By JO BECKER and MIKE McINTIREAPRIL 23, 2015

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=2

I point out, once more, the ridiculous amount of double standards coming from the mainstream media.  Overwhelmingly filled with Democrats, quite a few of whom donate to the party cause.  In more than monetary ways as we can see in their front page headlines.  Both before, and more so after, the presidential election.

The news room echo chambers are awash in political agenda these days.  It's become their primary goal since Trumpski called them on it.  Their biased political opinions, speculation, and hit-pieces are bared in so many headlines and news articles, now to the point of obsession.

The really offensive part is that many pretend to be portray their pieces impartially, or have deluded themselves so extensively as to believe so.  I feel constantly driven away from such mainstream news sources, in order to find out all the facts without the constant pejorative name-calling, sensationalism, speculation, selective editing, and noncontextual display of the news.  I don't want to have to spend the time digging deeper and finding all the info I should've found in one article, so it's just extra fuel for the flame.  But the MSM is flat-out party propaganda nowadays.  If you don't see it, and think I'm insane for pointing it out, then we'll leave it at that.   ;)

Offline Nefaro

• Arquebusier
« Reply #238 on: March 28, 2017, 05:16:31 PM »

First the Dailymail is entertainment not news
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-mail/
Notes: The Daily Mail is a British daily middle-market tabloid newspaper owned by the Daily Mail and General Trust and published in London (Wikipedia). Has a strong conservative bias and has a poor track record with fact checkers.

Secondly googling the name of the person involved leads to the following results showing that the daily mail article was actually before Breitbart news but after the Baltimore Sun and many local news organizations (motly ABC/NBC/Fox affiliates) had already posted on it.  Frankly I dont see any collusion or conspiracy here to hide certain news I see it being reported by local being picked up by national when it makes a big enough splash that those for profit organizations see that they will get readers to view it and their corresponding marketing material that pays their bills to go along with it.

CNN is a good example.  I just checked.. they posted an article about it 4 hours ago.  Nowhere near the front page, which is full of the same political melodrama they've been pushing for awhile.  Dropped it into the secondary US section. 

Easy to see where the priorities lie, just by the biggest headlines they're using on the front page.   That's why I posted the pair of front page news pics.  I've been occasionally checking, and comparing, such things for years now.  Sometimes even comparing how the same AP hand-me-down articles were being edited in different places.  Revealing over time.

Offline Con

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #239 on: March 28, 2017, 05:27:25 PM »
Well lets look at the facts on the uranium deal before calling it a double standard

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2016/sep/30/donald-trump/nuclear-claim-donald-trump-says-hillary-clinton-ga/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/10/26/the-facts-behind-trumps-repeated-claim-about-hillary-clintons-role-in-the-russian-uranium-deal/?utm_term=.6637cb0b4723

The timing of Telfer’s donations might be questionable if there was reason to believe that Hillary Clinton was instrumental in the approval of the deal with Russia, but all the evidence points to the contrary — that Clinton did not play a pivotal role, and, in fact, may not have played any role at all.

Clinton was secretary of state at the time, but she didn’t have the power to approve or reject the deal. The State Department was only one of nine federal agencies that signed off on the deal, and only Obama had the power to veto it

We wavered between Three and Four Pinocchios. Trump so often uses broad-brushed language that pushes him into Four Pinocchio territory, and this is yet another one of those cases. He specifically names Hillary Clinton as the active agent in the Uranium One deal, saying she “gave them” or “handed over” uranium to the Russians, but that is not the case. Then, he further claimed the sale went forward in exchange “for a big payment.” There’s no evidence for that claim either.

Trump could have avoided so many Pinocchios had he been more careful with the language. For example: “Hillary Clinton’s State Department was one of nine agencies that approved the deal.” Words matter.