Author Topic: Trump's War on the Media  (Read 4213 times)

Offline Bison

• Captain America
  • Arquebusier
Re: Trump's War on the Media
« Reply #225 on: March 20, 2017, 06:21:24 PM »
Ironically there is a strong argument to be made that "mainstream" press like the NYT, WP, CNN, MSNBC push conspiracy theory as a norm now too. 

Offline Staggerwing

• Arquebusier
  • Oh Giant Meteor- why have you forsaken us?
« Reply #226 on: March 20, 2017, 06:55:46 PM »
Ironically there is a strong argument to be made that "mainstream" press like the NYT, WP, CNN, MSNBC push conspiracy theory as a norm now too.

I don't see an argument that it has become the mainstream's 'norm', even if they do on occasion play patsy to some of those theories. More like they are getting sloppier. The originators such as Infowars are the real toxic waste dumps passing themselves off as Mothers' Milk. The Sandy Hook thing particularly infuriates me, as it hits close to home.
Vituš ér enn - eša hvat?  -Voluspa

Offline Bison

• Captain America
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #227 on: March 20, 2017, 10:42:47 PM »
The mainstream news passes off bullshit all of the time.  Its not sloppiness.  Its intentional.  Some of the very examples from that article (I've got some opinions about medium.com but that is a different issue) were the epitome of mainstream media initial hysteria, blame casting, and the following excuse making.  The Boston Marathon bombers and the Pulse shootings come specifically to mind.

The Sandy Hook false flag stuff is infuriating.  I completely agree with you on that point.