Main Menu

Legion (FX)

Started by Nefaro, February 12, 2017, 05:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Watched the first episode I had DVR'd last week.  Enjoyed quite a bit thus far!   O0

Paranoid schizo with reality changing psi abilities from the Marvel universe.  Obviously some weird possibilities.  Plus some fat demon he keeps seeing/imagining, which put the cherry on top for me.   >:D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5114356/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Nefaro

You can get the first episode on Amazon.  It's free.

http://www.amazon.com/Chapter-1/dp/B01MYA9E5G

70 minutes.

Created by the guy who did the Fargo series.

Nefaro

Watched the first 5 episodes. 

Quite enjoying it!   :bd:

Sir Slash

Speaking of "Fargo", it'll be back on again next month.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

I've enjoyed pretty much every episode of Legion.  Nearly every series has a stretch of blah, and many have a jerky first two episodes that don't quite pull me in.  But this one hasn't really flagged at any point.

They've all been interesting, stylistic, and weird without alienating me from the story.

Excellent series.  Highly recommend for something a bit out of the ordinary.   :bd:

Last episode of first season is next week. 

Noah Hawley, the guy who created the Legion and Fargo TV series, is on quite a roll lately.

Tpek

Let me guess, despite the original Marvel character being one of the extremely few Israeli characters in that universe,
in the show he was re-written as a complete WASP.
And yet, all those guys who get mad every time a character isn't made Black ("whitewashing") are silent about it.  ::)

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on March 25, 2017, 09:24:51 AM
Let me guess, despite the original Marvel character being one of the extremely few Israeli characters in that universe,
in the show he was re-written as a complete WASP.
And yet, all those guys who get mad every time a character isn't made Black ("whitewashing") are silent about it.  ::)

I wasn't familiar with the character.

Thought he was Xavier's son?

Tpek

^Yep.

The son of Xavier and Gabriella Haller.

She was a holocaust survivor he helped back when he met Magneto.
They fell in love (and apparently had sex), until Xavier realized that by being his patient, what he was doing was wrong and left her.
Years later, when she was the Israeli ambassador to the UK, she contacted the X-Men and asked for help with her son, and that's how he was introduced.

In the comics he first manifested his powers during a Palestinian terrorist attack (back when he was 10), and in the ensuing panic and conflict he killed nearly everyone around him
and absorbed the mind of one of the Palestinians. This whole incident left him utterly traumatized and he became autistic and suffering from multiple personalities.

He's a pretty weird character, that serves more as a plot device than an actual character. Very powerful and highly unstable.
(Which is also weird why they'd choose him as a protagonist for a show)