Queen Elizabeth II -- Sapphire Jubilee

Started by steve58, February 06, 2017, 08:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Congrats to Her Royal Majesty for 65 years.   :notworthy:

She will spend the day at her estate in Norfolk, with no official engagements planned.

^Whats the matter with you guys across the pond, can't afford to throw her a bit of a bash?  ;D
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Ubercat

Huh. I thought she already WAS the longest reigning UK Monarch.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Sir Slash

She can always swing by my place and I'll fix her and 'The Duke' a cold one. Maybe even grill her a steak and 'Tater' on the BBQ. And she's welcome to take a swim in the pool as long as she doesn't pee in it or mind freezing her Royal-Ass off. But she can leave those gaily dressed Beefeater Guards where she found them-- they look too much like playing cards for my tastes. And I'd love to meet James Bond if she sends him over first for security reasons as long as he doesn't blow too much up while he's here. Come on by 'Liz' anytime.  :peace:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

Quote from: Ubercat on February 06, 2017, 10:48:22 AM

She is/was, but she is the first to celebrate a Sapphire Jubilee (65 years on the throne).
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Freyland

Quote from: steve58 on February 06, 2017, 01:24:05 PM
Quote from: Ubercat on February 06, 2017, 10:48:22 AM

She is/was, but she is the first to celebrate a Sapphire Jubilee (65 years on the throne).

I've been on the throne for 65 minutes before, but she has clearly got me beat!

Sir Slash

You got to admire someone who can read for that long.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Your assuming that there were any words in the material that he was reading. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

"You told me you were combing your hair!!"

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd