Quebec Mosque Attack

Started by mirth, January 30, 2017, 10:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Emeraldlis

That's really horrendous , I never really associate Canada with that type of crime :( and to leave a pigs head outside a mosque is just beyond low  >:(
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

mirth

Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 30, 2017, 11:46:58 AM
to leave a pigs head outside a mosque is just beyond low  >:(

We had some scumbag idiot do that here in Maine a while back

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/05/us/05maine.html
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

steve58

The two men arrested following the deadly shooting at a Quebec City mosque Sunday night are Alexandre Bissonnette and Mohamed Khadir, Radio-Canada has learned.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-city-mosque-gun-shots-1.3957686

They were yelling "Allahu akbar!" so I don't think the police will have to look too far for a motive...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

mirth

Quote from: steve58 on January 30, 2017, 11:52:06 AM
The two men arrested following the deadly shooting at a Quebec City mosque Sunday night are Alexandre Bissonnette and Mohamed Khadir, Radio-Canada has learned.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-city-mosque-gun-shots-1.3957686

They were yelling "Allahu akbar!" so I don't think the police will have to look too far for a motive...

Disgusting.

steve58

Suspects are down to just one now, Alexandre Bissonnette.  Police are saying Khadir was a witness.  My guess is this is going to play out as either a hate crime or Bissonnette is a convert to Islam.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01/30/only-1-man-arrested-in-quebec-mosque-terror-attack-is-suspect-police-say.html
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Barthheart

My guess is hate crime, since the target was a Mosque. Terror attacks on this continent tend to target non-Muslims.

JasonPratt

Some Muslims would consider the Muslims at that mosque as worse than non-Muslims.

On the other hand, the pig's head seems dubious as something a Muslim (especially a hardcore one) would want to drop off. That would incline me toward hate crime, other things being equal. But I grant that that expectation could be false.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

Idiots who do this kind of stuff need to be dropped from air into active volcanoes.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on January 30, 2017, 05:32:54 PM
Idiots who do this kind of stuff need to be dropped from air into active volcanoes.

a friend of mine on Facebook is fond of saying "feet-first slowly into a dull woodchipper"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

If the Canadians are going crazy on each other now, we're all screwed for sure.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 30, 2017, 07:48:39 PM
Quote from: bbmike on January 30, 2017, 05:32:54 PM

a friend of mine on Facebook is fond of saying "feet-first slowly into a dull woodchipper"

Ouch, just reading that line hurts!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Shelldrake

Pretty clear now that this horrendous act was a hate crime that in my mind also counts as far-right terrorism.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-city-mosque-alexandre-bissonnette-profile-1.3959581
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

BanzaiCat

Is Canadian media chalking this up to a Muslim terrorist attack, or something ambiguous like US media are wont to do?

Ubercat

No. It was a right wing hate crime so the media will spell it all out. If it were a Muslim terrorist, or a black gang banger for that matter, they'd do everything they could to be ambiguous about it.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell