Defenders Assemble!

Started by mirth, January 12, 2017, 06:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Looking forward to it. 

But I'm pretty stoked to see what they first do with Iron Fist.   ^-^

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

JasonPratt

Typhoid Mary as the main villain seems... underwhelming. Even if she's played by Sigourney Weaver. Whose casting seems likely to change the character so much I don't know why they'd bother.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant

After Thanos and Ultron, anything at the street level is going to seem underwhelming.

I'm curious how they're going to tie up the loose Luke Cage ends before Defenders hits the screen.  Is Luke Cage season 2 going to hit first?  And if so, why that one instead of Jessica Jones first?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Tpek

^Yeah, but Typhoid Mary is really underwhelming.
She's often more of a henchwoman than an actual villain.

Plus, she's supposed to be young and hot (and crazy, and pyrokinetic) in the comics, and a pseudo-romantic-interest
for Daredevil (and far less so, for Deadpool).
So casting an older actress, even if an awesome one, seems questionable.

Btw, has there been more information about the Captain Marvel show?

Btw 2: Patty Walker is already on the Jessica Jones show, so it's probably just a matter of time before she truly
adopts the mantle of Hellcat.

JasonPratt

Heck, last time I saw her in the comics (back when she crossed over to being a Deadpool villain thanks to the Deadpool/Daredevil crossover -- which was amazing, naturally), she wasn't even pyrokinetic.

Seems like undead vampire ninjas (or worse, if not outright Dracula), having been set up in DD season 2, would be the proper go-to here. Maybe the writers are going to make Mary be a thousand-year-old daughter of Dracula now??  ???
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Tpek on January 13, 2017, 04:11:13 PMBtw 2: Patty Walker is already on the Jessica Jones show, so it's probably just a matter of time before she truly adopts the mantle of Hellcat.

Oh, I know - I was a big fan of the JJ show and thought it was awesome the way they'd already set her up to eventually morph into Hellcat.

mirth

bayonetbrant

mirth

I'll just be happy to have them all in a single show. I can't keep up with the individual shows.

Nefaro

Think I'm looking forward to their Punisher series more.  Not gonna complain, though.  :nerd:

JasonPratt

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 13, 2017, 04:47:48 PM
Seems like undead vampire ninjas (or worse, if not outright Dracula), having been set up in DD season 2, would be the proper go-to here. Maybe the writers are going to make Mary be a thousand-year-old daughter of Dracula now??  ???

The first part of my prophecy has come to pass.

Now, we wait.  :arr:

Tpek

Can't wait for this....

And the Hand resurrecting people from the dead is actually pretty canon.
It's probably how they can keep their numbers in New York so high considering all the Ninjas that keep getting killed.