Whoever is running Wendy's Twitter account...

Started by bayonetbrant, January 05, 2017, 11:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

...  is a genius

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wendys-twitter-account-feasts-on-trolling-comments-for-sustenance_us_586e9c3ce4b02b5f8587bdab?ir=Entertainment&

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

MILLENNIALS ARE GOOD FOR SOMETHING!!

... I .... my whole framework of reality is shaking...

(I especially lol'd at the quote from Iron Man.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

ROFL'd at, "how much does a Big Mac cost?"

-"your dignity"   :DD   ;D

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

Emeraldlis

I've never even heard of or been to Wendy's  ??? But those are some funny quotes  :DD I still love a McDonald's big mac though  :smitten:
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

JasonPratt

Named after the original owner's (Dave Thomas') red-haired fourth daughter.

He used to do the TV commercials himself, sometimes, but died back in the early 2000s. His daughter Melinda, whose nickname provided the namesake for the chain (Wendy's Old-Fashioned Hamburgers) sometimes does the commercials now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendy's

Their big selling point is that they don't use frozen meat but hand-patted fresh squares larger than the bun. They don't (or didn't) flame-broil their burgers tho, like Burger King does. They manuevered into the top 3 burger chains after McD's and BK.

If you've ever heard of the phrase "Where's the Beef?" -- they were the ones who started that commercial series.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Yep!

They've never had a store in Ireland per se, but they did in the UK. During restructuring they closed their European stores some time ago.

Dang, now I want a Wendy burger. Though I really prefer BK or, by their current standards, Hardees. (Though none of the chains beats Five Guys...)  :dreamer: :smitten: :dreamer:

Emeraldlis

I can't eat from burger King, I'll get a drink from there, but I can't eat their food. I was traumatised once with really bad food poisoning from one of their burgers  :hide: it was the end of a holiday I was on, and I ate one of their burgers before leaving the holiday place... And for four hours on the drive home, I think I got out and spewed my guts up about 3 times, on the hard shoulder of a motorway as well! I was still throwing up when I got home for another few hours. Not good!  #:-)

And I'm sure their burger joints are fine, but all I feel when I spot a burger king is my gag reflex go into overdrive  ;D

That video clip reminded me of the golden girls for some reason  ;D that slogan, where's the beef, is a new one on me. Never heard it before, but its a good one!
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Emeraldlis on March 14, 2018, 05:18:31 PMthat slogan, where's the beef, is a new one on me.

that slogan is older than you are....

it's famous in the US from the 1984 presidential election when Walter Mondale used it to describe Reagan's tax plan and then it became a running gag that everyone made fun of Mondale for

Nefaro

Quote from: Emeraldlis on March 14, 2018, 04:25:10 PM
I've never even heard of or been to Wendy's  ??? But those are some funny quotes  :DD I still love a McDonald's big mac though  :smitten:

Wendy's = best fast food chain here.   :notworthy:

Better food than the rest.  Aside from the good burgers & fries, I've always thought their chili was surprisingly good, along with some other menu items.  Can't say that for most of the other chains.

The BKs around here have a rather unsanitary look about them.  They're usually alright, but I'm always wary.

trailrunner

Quote from: Emeraldlis on March 14, 2018, 05:18:31 PM
that slogan, where's the beef, is a new one on me. Never heard it before, but its a good one!

Yeah, that was a big saying here for a while.  Even now, evry now and then we use a variation of that -- "it was all bun but no beef" -- to describe something.