Blade Runner 2049

Started by mirth, December 19, 2016, 02:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Maybe they will finally incorporate Mercerism, though it will probably end up as some kind of gov't/multinational conspiracy.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 20, 2016, 06:51:41 AM
Maybe they will finally incorporate Mercerism, though it will probably end up as some kind of gov't/multinational conspiracy.

It was such a big part of the novel. I've always thought it was a shame they didn't incorporate it into the film.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

I've heard that only people that support mutant Nazi apes have not seen Blade Runner.

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 20, 2016, 09:20:36 AM
I've heard that only people that support mutant Nazi apes have not seen Blade Runner.

Exactly! These are dangerous times...

BanzaiCat

:o

MAYBE THEY'RE WHAT INVADED THE ISLE OF WIGHT?!?!?!?!1

panzerde

Well, them and Scots. You can't really blame the Scots, given the climate and their propensity for being miserable. All the rain in the film reminds them too much of Scotland.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

BanzaiCat

Hadrian's Wall did not work.

I think the monkey wall of feces and banana peels is their only option to keep the Scots out right now.

panzerde

I thought Newcastle and Bawb were there to keep the Scots in line? Isn't that one of the main reasons he's been entrusted with the luft 'stache?

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mirth

Quote from: panzerde on December 20, 2016, 09:30:53 AM
Well, them and Scots. You can't really blame the Scots, given the climate and their propensity for being miserable. All the rain in the film reminds them too much of Scotland.

And let's face it, most Scotsmen are about as happy as your average replicant.

JudgeDredd

It was a duck and run comment - but only because I know it's revered.

I have actually seen it. I didn't see it "back in the day", so I don't have the rose tinted glasses everyone else has  :peace: But I sat and watched it recently. Whilst not a terrible film, it just was meh. I'd love to tell you what was bad about it but just don't recall. Special effects were terrible...flying cars just dropping in by crane obviously and some ridiculously under-pressured steam coming out the bottom. Granted, "back in the day", that wasn't particularly bad - but watching it now - without the wow from the past - makes it look ummm.

The story didn't make any sense. We had this guy who was amaze balls at spotting replicants who was sooooooo amaze balls that he was called back to find some rogue replicants - only thing was, he had to ask 50 questions before he could actually decide whether they were or not - often resulting in the deathness of the questioner.

As for Harrison Ford - he really, really can't act. Sorry - but it's true. He's been in some good films - but the films were good.

Well, them and Scots. You can't really blame the Scots, given the climate and their propensity for being miserable...
aw come on. I'm happy as a sand boy!

...All the rain in the film reminds them too much of Scotland
Now that is true

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 20, 2016, 09:32:15 AM
Hadrian's Wall did not work.

I think the monkey wall of feces and banana peels is their only option to keep the Scots out right now.
Bless you - thinking that's going to work. Have you not seen what they're trying to get away from?

Quote from: panzerde on December 20, 2016, 09:35:33 AM
I thought Newcastle and Bawb were there to keep the Scots in line? Isn't that one of the main reasons he's been entrusted with the luft 'stache?
That is true - and there are instructions for invasion detailing Bawb's  whereabouts and goings on

Quote from: mirth on December 20, 2016, 09:37:30 AM
And let's face it, most Scotsmen are about as happy as your average replicant.
Seriously? We're doing the "miserable Jock" thing again.

:smitten:
Alba gu' brath

Rekim

Well, other than the music, that trailer left a rather crappy taste in my mouth.

Ryan Gosling, playing Blade Runner Jr!? Wonder if they considered Rachel Mcadam's to play Rachel 2.0  :timeout:

mirth

Quote from: Rekim on December 20, 2016, 10:16:05 AM
Wonder if they considered Rachel Mcadam's to play Rachel 2.0  :timeout:

I was hoping for Anna Kendrick.