Russia could take Europe in... 48 hours?

Started by bayonetbrant, December 17, 2016, 05:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Is Poland really such a force to be reckoned with?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Poland is pretty well armed and has no desire to be part of a new Russian Empire. NATO may not have the stomach to fight, but the Poles will.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MikeGER

Quote from: mirth on December 19, 2016, 04:21:14 AM
Poland is pretty well armed and has no desire to be part of a new Russian Empire. NATO may not have the stomach to fight, but the Poles will.

the US, French or Brits should be courageous lend -until the political situation has changed for good- the Baltic states an older but still capable SSBN including the warheads and manned with Baltic states crew and under their full local! command. And the similar to Poland too and the crisis and tension in Europe with Russia would be over the next day.

the uncertainty and so the actual Russian threat is only generated by the fact that NATO and esp USA might not be willing to strike and risk an attack on their soil because 'some minor border-states who never show up in the news for the ordinary American voter  anyway (beside maybe winter Olympics sports) get fully overrun.... i think they would even write of the 4000 men symbolic brigades that we all are have on station there and who will get mauled badly as speedbumps.

These days no western nation is able to interdict because of inner politics! and Putin smells it. 
That helping-out war would be lost on the home (media) front in hours, NATO treaty or not, and its all about summits and trade sanction and round tables and talks and peace marches for then on... 
There will be even mayor left leaning news out lets discussing ( = demanding) and thousends of marchers will claim: 'Ceasefire! It belong to Russia and we are to blame, because its not our business... n'such)

In Germany left-green protester will flood and block  the roads to barracks and bases (like Ramstein) like flies on cow pile ...it will be all a big mess.   
In addition we have a lot of Russian origin migrants offspring now in the Bundeswehr who will simply not shoot on Russians!
(...i have a personal testimony of a speaking acquaintance, a multiple time Stan vet !, who in his free times is a weekend mechanic (that's where i know him from) and full time does now step from some Feldwebel-grades to officer school carrier step, so he his technical a Fahnenjunker atm. who will not fight against 'his parents origin'. I dunno what our MAD is doing to let such a person pass on to officer school?) 

At the end of the day Russia will keep the territory ....and Germany takes all the refugees (at least these would be real refugges,  all good people! and no Muslims scum-flood this time:) )

If Putin can be sure that most of his metropoles would get the good new by an SSBN strike before the final resistance in those states invaded got finally overwhelmed and their home place look already like after a strike, then it will never happen.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: MikeGER on December 19, 2016, 07:33:48 AM
Good Stuff

Putin: Making a Twilight 2k RPG Possible Again...albeit with a few changes.   :dreamer:

bbmike

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on December 19, 2016, 08:07:25 AM
Quote from: MikeGER on December 19, 2016, 07:33:48 AM
Good Stuff

Putin: Making a Twilight 2k RPG Possible Again...albeit with a few changes.   :dreamer:

I was thinking a new Gamma World.  :-"
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

It's hard to imagine anybody controlling any country today with communications being so fast and wide-spread the way say the Germans did in WWII or the Soviets in east Europe. No army would be able to move anywhere without everybody with a phone able to rat on them and send video of who and what was where. Maybe that's a good thing?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Eventually that may not stop some countries. Also - what about communications jamming/internet blackouts/cord cutting?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on December 19, 2016, 06:30:13 PM
Eventually that may not stop some countries. Also - what about communications jamming/internet blackouts/cord cutting?

Cell service and internet would be among the first things disrupted. It's well within the Russian's capabilities. And you can bet they'd flood the web with disinformation.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Gusington

With today's attack in Germany and the assassination in Turkey I am trying to wrap my brain around 'expecting the unexpected.'

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Yeah. Doesn't look like we'll be getting Peace on Earth this Christmas.

Gusington

It's also hard not to imagine Putin as some behind the iron curtain demigod pulling the strings to all of this, somehow.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I wouldn't put it past him to off his own ambassador to advance an agenda.

Gusington

Me neither. I wouldn't put it past him to have a hand in the entire mess of the ME just to have an ongoing rotation of clients and customers either.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd