Transformers: The Last Knight

Started by mirth, December 09, 2016, 12:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

JasonPratt

??? I don't understand that poster at all. It's like gibberish -- so a lot like the films, then. ;)

But seriously, is it saying they polled fans who like the series and found those results?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

MovieBob, expressing utter frustration at coming up with anything original or noteworthy to say about this film and how bad it is (pause "...ass"), decides to just relate 20 THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN THIS MOVIE.

This is now the most genius non-review/review of the film I've seen so far.

"I just made that one up, but admit it: you didn't know that for sure."

After the next one: "...that one was real."

:DD :notworthy:

Edited to add: I should clarify that he actually liked this movie, relatively, more than the previous ones. I'm sure whenever someone tells him that the big twist at the end was simply borrowed from a better animated adaptation of the series, he won't be surprised. It does suggest there will be more films though.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on June 22, 2017, 11:31:49 AM
This thing is going to have to do really well overseas

https://variety.com/2017/film/news/box-office-transformers-the-last-knight-opening-day-1202475810/

I honestly hope it tanks. Maybe that'll send a message to stop making this crap.

mirth

Arctic Blast

I have no interest in paying money to watch Hollywood essentially continue taking a dump on my childhood.

jamus34

Quote from: Arctic Blast on June 22, 2017, 05:40:06 PM
I have no interest in paying money to watch Hollywood essentially continue taking a dump on my childhood.

They're beyond taking a dump...at this point they've grabbed you by the back of the head and smeared your face in it.

I'll see it...eventually...when it costs me free dollars...but yeah I'm not going to support it.

Bay's become the 2010's version of Uwe Boll...and that's not a compliment.
Insert witty comment here.

mirth

So it pretty much died here, but it did huge business in China. Michael Bay's reign of terror will continue

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/25/movies/transformers-the-last-knight-is-a-box-office-clunker.html

JasonPratt

I've been catching up by rewatching the first four (which I don't think I've seen since TF4's release). I actually liked #3 and somewhat liked #4 when they first released -- and I still somewhat do despite the problems. What amazes me is that, despite aaaalllllll the problems I slightly appreciate #1 and #2 more each time I watch them. I think it helps that I go in with low expectation.

That said, BEHOLD RED LETTER MEDIA'S EPIC TAKEDOWN SERIES OF TF#5!!

Critiques so utterly blistering that they have actually, no kidding, broken the RLM fanbase itself. Each video gets longer, too! -- from Half in the Bag, to a re:View ep, to a Mr. Plinkett video!

See if you can spot the subtle running joke in each video!  :))

BanzaiCat

Wow.

Considering how Jay and Mike are perfectly good with ripping a movie a new one, and/or giving it credit where credit is due...that's quite a statement, there. I bet this will be a "movie-that-shall-not-be-named" in future HITB and other installments.

Bonus points to them if they put it on Wheel Of The Worst when it hits DVD!  :D

JasonPratt

It occurs to me they might put it on WotW immediately, like they did with re:View, just to keep the joke going.

(You should really watch all three reviews pronto. I promise it won't take as long as it seems... ;) )

BanzaiCat

I did, though I got the point after 1.5 minutes of transformer SFX and them dribbling beer.

I don't know those two's names, but it's yet another subtle statement that Mike and Jay deigned to not even be present. I think those two guys are Canadians, even! Whoa.

mirth

Angry Joe actually bothered with a review

mirth