Transformers: The Last Knight

Started by mirth, December 09, 2016, 12:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Aww hell, they dragged Anthony Hopkins into this one  >:(

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

OJsDad

The Transformer movies are ones that I really want to like, but they just seem underwhelming.  I think in no small part because I have trouble understanding what the Transformers are saying half the time. 

I will give a big thumbs up to them for not making the military look like a bunch of incompetent dumbasses. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

By comparison, the Transformers Prime series (which you can see on Netflix) is pretty great. The movies, not so much. Wish they'd get rid of JJ as director but considering this fifth film is probably going to earn 1.5 billion worldwide, I'm purrrrrty sure the studio was thinking why they should derail the money train now.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 09, 2016, 01:16:19 PM
By comparison, the Transformers Prime series (which you can see on Netflix) is pretty great. The movies, not so much. Wish they'd get rid of JJ as director but considering this fifth film is probably going to earn 1.5 billion worldwide, I'm purrrrrty sure the studio was thinking why they should derail the money train now.

JJ? You can't blame Transformers on him. Those abominations are all Michael Bay.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

Michael Bay, my bad. I'm getting my crap directors mixed up.  :-\

Staggerwing

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 09, 2016, 06:09:53 PM

Uwe Boll will be right over to kick your ass.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

I've never seen any of these. Should I skip them all and go straight to the Netflix stuff?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Quote from: mirth on December 09, 2016, 03:54:00 PM
JJ? You can't blame Transformers on him. Those abominations are all Michael Bay.

Aren't they interchangeable.  Maybe their one and the same.  Has anyone seen them in the same place at the same time? 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on December 09, 2016, 10:06:19 PM
I've never seen any of these. Should I skip them all and go straight to the Netflix stuff?

If you've truly not seen any of the Transformers movies...yeah, you're not missing much. They're all basically bad drug trips of machine kaleidoscopic mayhem and confusion. If you grew up with the Transformers Saturday morning cartoon and the original Transformers: The Movie from 1986, this shite will ruin your childhood.

Go to Netflix and watch Transformers Prime (3 seasons), then Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters (Predacons Rising). The latter is a movie-length show that pretty much wraps up the three seasons in a satisfying yet sad manner. Then, there's Transformers: Robots In Disguise, which is another series that is pretty good, too. Those should give you a fix.

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 09, 2016, 09:20:35 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 09, 2016, 06:09:53 PM

Uwe Boll will be right over to kick your ass.

:DD

BanzaiCat

Uwe has only made one watchable (relatively, anyway) movie: Rampage. It was twisted as hell and messed up, but I remember thinking, "how did Uwe put together something that makes sense?"

Sir Slash

The first Transformer wasn't too bad but after that they're all no better than average-- and I'm trying to be kind. I hear in the next film, Catlin Jenner will take-over from Optimus Prime as the Ultimate Transformer.  :-"
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I did grow up with the animated show and when Bumblebee said 'shit' in the 1986 movie it rocked my 12 year old sensibilities. So...Netflix it is. Thanks all!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd