Spider-Man: Homecoming

Started by OJsDad, December 09, 2016, 08:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

This is the first Spider-Man movie I actually want to see.

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

Damn! That looks friggin awesome! Thank God Marvel is finally involved with that franchise.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Why won't they let me buy a ticket RIGHT NOW Dammit?  :pullhair:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

It's nice to see Michael Keaton reprising his role as Birdman.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

JudgeDredd

Looks ok...not a huge Spidey fan - but it's Marvel so it can't be bad (can it?)
Alba gu' brath

mirth

Looks ok?! OK?! It looks awesome!

BanzaiCat

The Vulture has always looked like the pathetically terrible villain he's always been in every Spidey (and other) comic he's ever been in.

This looks nothing like the pathetic Vulture I grew up reading about.

I wonder if this is really Iron Man: Spiderman's Homecoming. Willing to bet Robert Downey, Jr.'s paycheck is a helluva lot more than the kid's.

Sir Slash

Aunt May can put me to bed ANY Time she wants. And tuck me in.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 09, 2016, 01:35:16 PM

It is the first Spidey film that's made me hot for Aunt May.

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 09, 2016, 01:14:01 PM
I wonder if this is really Iron Man: Spiderman's Homecoming. Willing to bet Robert Downey, Jr.'s paycheck is a helluva lot more than the kid's.

I think Marvel's discovered they can no longer afford Downey in standalone Iron Man movies.

Sir Slash

Maybe they should just have him be a disembodied voice like Jarvis and re-use his old lines from previous films.  8)

Martok

I'm with JD -- this looks decent, but I'm not chomping at the bit to go see it.  I really enjoyed the first two Sam Raimi films, so Homecoming will have to be at least as good as those for me to judge it worthy. 

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 09, 2016, 01:35:16 PM
When she's played by Marisa Tomei, hells yeah!  :smitten: 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JudgeDredd

Marisa Tomei - I remember having such the hots for her in My Cousin Vinny
Alba gu' brath

Martok

Yeah, she's fantastic in that movie.  I first fell in love with her watching Untamed Heart, though. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces