Alien: Covenant

Started by mirth, November 24, 2016, 09:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

I liked Promethius and the AvP movies too. And both Predators. I can't afford lawyers so you'll just have to come over and take my collection of Bobble-Head Presidents.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I'm not sure if you want to be seen with me - I'm hideous and so is my cinematic taste.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 28, 2016, 07:18:07 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 28, 2016, 03:20:40 PM
I enjoyed Prometheus and Alien 3. Send your active lawsuits to my legal counsel.

I actually enjoyed all the Alien-related movies, not counting the AvP things which I have not seen. Can we be co-defendents?

I don't even know where to start. Every movie after Aliens has been varying shades of awful.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

We've been through this before. I've embraced my hideosity and my horrible cinematic love. Get off my cloud!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on November 28, 2016, 09:37:32 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on November 28, 2016, 07:18:07 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 28, 2016, 03:20:40 PM
I enjoyed Prometheus and Alien 3. Send your active lawsuits to my legal counsel.

I actually enjoyed all the Alien-related movies, not counting the AvP things which I have not seen. Can we be co-defendents?

I don't even know where to start. Every movie after Aliens has been varying shades of awful.

Your learned cinematic post-mortems will probably apogee far above my lizard-brain capacity for comprehension. This weekend I yeehawed my way through Independence Day 2 with a complete lack of shame. Before any alcohol.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

I wanna see that too. HAR

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

This is my stop. No need to slow-down. I'll just jump for it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: mirth on November 28, 2016, 09:47:36 PM
Prometheus sucked ballz.
As a Sci-Fi movie, I really liked Prometheus...enough to have already watched it 3 times and I'd probably watch it again if it comes on telly.

I also quite liked the tie in to Alien

I guess I'm in the minority  L:-)
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Sir Slash

One thing I never could figure-out about the Alien movies is how the big corporation seems to know all about the Aliens, and wants to catch one, but nobody else knows anything about them. How does the big corp. know about them? Maybe the next film Mirth hates will explain it all.  ;D

mirth

Your questions have already been answered  :D

QuoteSome time prior to 2122, the Weyland-Yutani Corporation detected the signal being broadcast from the derelict on Acheron (LV-426), the middle moon of 3 orbiting the ringed planet Calpamos. While the language was unknown, the company succeeded in deciphering enough of the message to learn it was a warning regarding the deadly species Xenomorph XX121.  They subsequently dispatched the USCSS Nostromo to investigate, without the crew's knowledge, leading to initial human contact with the Xenomorph, the death of all but one of the ship's crew and the loss of the Nostromo itself. While the incident and the existence of the Xenomorph was apparently covered up by those involved, in a twist of irony the company later coincidentally established the Hadley's Hope terraforming colony on LV-426.