GMT's New P500s

Started by Nefaro, November 19, 2016, 07:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Quote from: Nefaro on January 25, 2017, 06:45:14 PM
4Q, 2017
Mr. President

This one for me. And yes, I'm going to build a wall.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

I'd better start saving now. I can see at least a half dozen things on the list that will be must buys.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Quote from: Pinetree on January 26, 2017, 01:13:05 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 25, 2017, 06:45:14 PM

May, 2017
Fields of Fire (2nd Edition)

I cannot wait for this. One of my Grail games.

Have been on that P500 for awhile now.  At least it's starting to solidify.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on January 27, 2017, 12:32:14 PM
^meh

Drink a beer, you need perking up. Or something perky in your face.

MengJiao

Quote from: mirth on January 27, 2017, 12:32:14 PM
^meh

There was something about a re-issue of this protracted war and Sweden Fights on: 17 battles all in one box (as if having the English Civil Wars and the thirty years war at the same time wasn't such a good idea?).

Arquebusiers!  looked fun too.  I'll get out Infidel! and not punch it.

BanzaiCat

Mr. President does look intriguing.

Nefaro

GMT's Red Storm is getting solitaire.   :bd:

http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=16953

EDIT:

aaaannd it just passed the P500 mark.

Now if GMT could ever get their warehousing debacle fingered out, maybe these P500s would stop getting continually pushed back and stacked up in a long queue.   :-"

bob48

'At Any Cost' is one I'm waiting for, and maybe 'Dark Sands'.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Cyrano

"Ghandi" -- yep
"C&C:M" -- yep

"AR" is a great example of something I talked to a few folks at Origins about, viz.:  GMT is obviously trying to broaden its reach and has been given the resources via a few monster sellers to do so.  I may grouse about how it's shoved groggier stuff to the back of the queue, but, hey, in the end, if it means more games, I'm good.

What I do worry about, though, is whether P500 really is any more.  My impression is that you'd best be in the 750-1,000 range before you're going to get bumped up into production, no matter what the notice on the tin says.  That's a problem for groggier games as, for them, 500 is a damn fine number.  Not so much for stuff like "AR", my opinion of which is very much of a piece with Mirth's.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

ArizonaTank

Fort Sumter was recently announced.  Looks interesting, but somehow I am kind of on the fence....maybe I just have too many CW games already.

https://www.gmtgames.com/p-648-fort-sumter-the-secession-crisis-1860-61.aspx
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Staggerwing

'The Hunted' is calling out to the completionist in me, begging to find a home on my shelf right next to 'The Hunters'.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm looking forward to the next Enemy Coast Ahead title, The Doolittle Raid.

I hope they do Ploesti after this one.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 23, 2017, 07:37:48 PM
I'm looking forward to the next Enemy Coast Ahead title, The Doolittle Raid.

I hope they do Ploesti after this one.

Schweinfurt 1 and 2 would have Flying Forts instead of freight cars with Davis Wings.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys