Main Menu

Knights of Honor

Started by airboy, November 15, 2016, 07:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Boggit on December 09, 2016, 03:30:50 PM
Y'all making me want to boot this up for a game. I haven't played it for a few years now. Where's a fun place to start?

I would actually prefer a 2D game like this over something like the Total War series while on my smaller laptop screen.  But I think TW surpassed KoH's depth a long time ago. 

Remains a different take on the genre, but I recall moving away from KoH after I started playing other somewhat similar ones such as King Arthur Role-playing Wargame and Dominions years ago.  Along with all the new 4X stuff that's been coming out since then.

Gusington

^I don't know, even now KoH is pretty deep...man.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

I've been following the thread here. Funny I forgot about KOH, and I had that one in Gamersgate for years.

So I downloaded it installed and 1.05 patch on Win 7, I'm not going to get the 1600x900 resolution but it runs fine.

I forgot how difficult this game can be. I installed the Ultimate Mod and got the weird monitor issues, and of course like a lot of things that can be tweaked I tweaked it too far. So uninstalled the mod, and restored my original install of 1.05

I'll try to reinstall the Ultimate and see if I can get it to work, otherwise I'm happy with what I got.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

The monitor issue can be fixed with adjusting that registry file mentioned above. Also, in the guides that Airboy has provided, there is a lot of mention of playing on 'Easy' or similar difficulty because the game can be rough.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

WallysWorld

Just to say that the KoH Ultimate Edition mod was updated a few weeks ago:  Knights of Honor Ultimate Edition 2.7
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jomni

Greybriar

Quote from: jomni on February 01, 2017, 11:57:51 PM
Does it work with steam?

The instructions for installing the mod contain the following passage:

"....Install the mod with the installer (very easy) : select your Knights of Honor folder (steam/steamapp/common/knights of honor) then wait a second...."

So I would say yes, it does work with Steam.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

undercovergeek

There's registry shenanigans required but yes it does

Ian C

Got this in the recent STEAM sale. Pleasantly surprised.

Nefaro

GibbyG

^^^^^^^ That's awesome :)

Lord Zimoa

An absolute classic... deserves a modern remake IMHO. Try it out with the HD mod, a recommendation.

PAK

Damn, I hope I still have the KoH cd... After all those years...

RedArgo

So, I finally got around to trying this out.  Used the hd mod, has a little shaking around the outside of the screen, but no big deal.

A couple times either when my marshall got killed in battle before it was over, or my king died while moving around with troops, or one of my marshalls moving around with troops was outed as an enemy spy, my whole army just disappeared.  Is that right?  Very annoying with an experienced army that cost a lot of gold to put in the field.  Anything to stop this from happening?

Do Marshalls have ratings like the royals or do they all start the same and are differentiated by their skills?

Thanks.