Main Menu

Knights of Honor

Started by airboy, November 15, 2016, 07:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybriar

Quote from: bbmike on November 16, 2016, 10:05:11 AM
^Helpful site for that.

Don't overlook the no intro fix on that site. It saved me a lot of time and aggravation.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

airboy

The Steam version does not have the 1.05 patch.  I recommend using the patch.  It did not mess up my save games.

I also recommend reading the two decent strategy guides that are out there.  I got the two guides and then edited the crap out of them to compress the length.  I have them in MS Word now.  If you PM me I can email them to you.  My edited guides are now 7 pages printed front/back with narrow width formatting.

As your kingdom increases in size it becomes much harder to manage rebellions.  I'm going to attempt more kingdom advantages and building more advanced inns to attempt to mitigate part of this.  Also, save if you build up all of the cash to try a conversion of religion.  Converting to a different religion is a bear.

I am hesitant to try the "no intro fix."  The unavoidable intro is annoying.  Does this fix mess up your save games?  Please advise if you have used it.

Jommi - you can get the game from Steam for $2.50.  If you PM me I can send you the two edited strategy guides.  It is a very good game - just challenging even on the "easy" setting.

bbmike

Quote from: airboy on November 16, 2016, 12:06:10 PM
I am hesitant to try the "no intro fix."  The unavoidable intro is annoying.  Does this fix mess up your save games?  Please advise if you have used it.

No, it just replaces the existing movie files with blank ones. Back up your original files first if you want them.Highly recommended.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: Anguille on November 16, 2016, 04:15:06 AM
An old favorite of mine...played many many hours though it's been a while.

I'd recommend to go for the Kingdoms Advantages otherwise it's very long to conquer the entire map.

After Knights of Honor, they made Worldshift, an intersting real-time strategy game before becoming Black Sea Crytek.

Unfortunately, they had even started some work on Knights of Honor 2 before becoming part of Crytek and this will never be released.  :-[

PS: didn't realise the steam version wasn't patched...strange.

I recall seeing some screenshots for KOH2 some time ago, I believe.

Nefaro

Quote from: Greybriar on November 16, 2016, 10:38:15 AM
Quote from: bbmike on November 16, 2016, 10:05:11 AM
^Helpful site for that.

Don't overlook the no intro fix on that site. It saved me a lot of time and aggravation.

That's exactly the one I was talking about.

Those KoH Intro vids and splash screens =   :knuppel2:

WallysWorld

Played this game years ago and kind of liked it. I used to have the Ultimate Mod for KoH.

Knights of Honor Ultimate Mod
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

DennisS

I played this game, a lot. I didn't find it particularly difficult. The key is to get merchants, fast, and three of them. Send these to the three richest kingdoms you can find, and you can easily fund a pretty substantial military, and to build the economic buildings you will need to progress.

Gusington

Wow that ultimate mod looks great.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

undercovergeek

Is there a guide for installing to the steam version

jomni

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 17, 2016, 05:30:21 AM
Is there a guide for installing to the steam version

The instructions in the link above has it.

Freyland

Quote from: WallysWorld on November 16, 2016, 05:58:25 PM
Played this game years ago and kind of liked it. I used to have the Ultimate Mod for KoH.

Okay, you guys suck.  Like I have time to get sucked into a really old game I have with all the shiny new ones!

Martok

Quote from: Freyland on November 17, 2016, 09:15:41 AM
Quote from: WallysWorld on November 16, 2016, 05:58:25 PM

Okay, you guys suck.  Like I have time to get sucked into a really old game I have with all the shiny new ones!
+1 

I'm not listening, I'm not listening, I'm not listening... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Soon as I'm sat in front of a pc

Anguille

Just installed the mod....fantastic! Looks like i am going to play the game a lot again! Better than a new game  :smitten: