Had a terrifying "event" last night...

Started by JudgeDredd, November 14, 2016, 04:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Windigo

That's a Cone of Shame, Slash. Dogs get them when they get operated on. Stops them from licking their surgical sites. Typically neutering operations. I bought it was messed up enough that mirth could relate, or Gussy at any rate... He'll maybe even BoB
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Sir Slash

My wife makes me wear the same thing when we eat Buffet-style.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Windigo

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on November 15, 2016, 07:07:05 PMAt your age, you're lucky your knees are there at all.
trust Mirth - he's an expert on knees.  especially spending time on them
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Windigo

Quote from: mirth on November 15, 2016, 07:07:05 PM
Quote from: Windigo on November 15, 2016, 05:39:40 PM
Every once in a while I'll be climbing a set of stairs and one of my knees will just disappear. Its physically there but to my brain or whatever controls it semi mindlessly while I move - its gone.
I'll stare at it like what the hell? Its not seized up and cramping or painful, its just gone from the neural network. Non-functional. I can put weight on it so I can weirdly crutch it up or down stairs.... but WTF? Seriously.

Then it'll just reappear in a minute or two and life goes on .

God damned shadow knee joints.

At your age, you're lucky your knees are there at all.

I need my knees. They get me up and down river banks and rock cliffs. My hoydee-toydee beer budget depends on them.

JasonPratt

Considering I've had lucid-dreaming stress-mares all night every night for 40 years (often entertaining in a videogamish or action-movie fashion, but no way to get rest at night), I've always been glad I haven't had to deal with night terrors or sleep paralysis. I'd seem like a good candidate for them! -- I've certainly had enough waking-dreams in my life, where I think I'm awake but not. Sometimes nightmarish ones. I still remember being hit by a surprise tornado in one of my dreams (not a rare occurrence anyway) and waking up to find my room was being shattered by a tornado blasting out the walls and throwing the nearby tree in the room -- it had almost tossed me out of bed already, and I caught myself with one hand on the floor while trying to decide if I should go ahead and roll out to get behind the bed and out of the dangerous debris. Since I was probably going to die anyway, there didn't seem much reason to go to the extra effort! (That's how lazy I am sometimes.  ;D ) Very slowly, over what seemed like about a minute, elements of the experience started reducing out, one at a time; each time I'd think, oh, things aren't as bad as I thought.

Eventually I woke up and realized I was still lying in bed where I should be, and that the hideous wind noise had died away to just being the ceiling fan doing a bit of squeaking.

I damn well got up and turned that bleeping thing off, and have never turned it on again at night while trying to sleep.  :pullhair: That doesn't stop the tornado dreams, but why take chances of a repeat experience of that sort?  :buck2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 16, 2016, 10:18:32 AM
Quote from: mirth on November 15, 2016, 07:07:05 PMAt your age, you're lucky your knees are there at all.

Yes. Praying for death.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Windigo

Quote from: mirth on November 17, 2016, 12:14:43 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 16, 2016, 10:18:32 AM

Yes. Praying for death.

If its that bad you should just move up to Canada... you'll gain new perspective on bad weather   :hug:

TacticalWargames

Has happened to me countless times. Sleep paralysis. Awful it is...the feeling of shear terror is awful. Sometimes I have to fight to try and snap out of it but when you do it's so easy to fall back into it. I've even felt someone get on the end and put their hands around my neck, also heard them walking around my bed...horrible.

The presence seems to emanate evil...some say it's a time where you cna astral project out of your body and the presence are evil spirits that if you astral project you have to try and go straight up to stay away from them..

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 14, 2016, 04:48:47 PM
...I woke up and couldn't move, speak or open my eyes.

I could feel my body moving...like inside it was like my body was trying to move but I couldn't move a muscle and felt like I was suffocating. I was pure petrified. Never experienced anything like it before. I honestly thought I was going to die.

I mentioned it at work today and a guy said "Oh yeah...night terror" I was like "WTF?".

I told my sister about it tonight and she said "Oh...sleep paralysis. Yeah I get it now and again. You get used to it and just lie there and think "stay calm...everything will click""...I was like "WTF"??

When the hell did "sleep paralysis" and "night terror" become a thing???

Honestly the worst feeling in my life. I eventually was able to move and I sat bolt upright hyperventilating.

I had never heard of it before and it shook me right up. I honestly don't mind if I never suffer that again...like EVER!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

undercovergeek

Quote from: TacticalWargames on December 10, 2016, 05:26:38 PM
I've even felt someone get on the end and put their hands around my neck, also heard them walking around my bed...horrible.

The presence seems to emanate evil

That'll be brant

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 10, 2016, 06:11:49 PM
I've even felt someone get on the end and put their hands around my neck, also heard them walking around my bed...horrible.

That'll be brant

Brant is obviously one of the Shadow People.   

Here, from another dimension, to do his masters' evil task.. of watching people sleep. 

Police sketch of Brant:

MikeGER

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 10, 2016, 06:11:49 PM

That'll be brant

:DD

...even found it the Groginati spycams archives ^-^