The One Ring - Bundle Of Holding Deal!

Started by Nefaro, November 09, 2016, 03:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

http://bundleofholding.com/presents/OneRing2016

QuoteRevived from October 2015, the official tabletop roleplaying game from CUBICLE 7 ENTERTAINMENT
The One Ring™

Run your own complete campaign in the Middle-earth of J.R.R. Tolkien

QuotePurchasers of this offer (both its original run and this revival) also receive a discount code good through December 9, 2016 for 20% off the purchase of print copies of The One Ring products at the Cubicle 7 webstore.

I already own the core hardback and a couple accessories.  So I'd probably just put the amount for the Bonus pack towards picking up the other couple physical splat books I'm missing.  But if you don't have the core book, and would be interested in checking out a fairly crunch-light RPG created specifically for Tolkien's world, then the starter package is probably a good introductory PDF deal.

The campaigns in TOR has some middle-earth hex crawling built in to the mechanics, to support the traveling campaign themes.  Which is a bit different.  But it also has seasonal divisions of campaign time, including a Winter off-season somewhat similar to Chaosium's old Pendragon RPG. 

TOR, as a whole, is an unusual RPG, and one obviously custom built for Middle Earth.  I've not yet played it, nor even quite read all the Core rulebook (the hardback is an absolutely beautiful high quality book) but it looks like something special and a bit different than the norm.

Nefaro

Broke out the hardback again, recently, when I wanted to soak up some more RPG reading.

That thing has such a wonderful printed-book stench.  Very pretty too. 

Yes, I'm a Book Sniffer.   :nerd:

The game mechanics are interestingly different.  Still getting a little bit of a Pendragon vibe, with some hex crawling lightly folded in.